Recent content by mondo_caine

  1. mondo_caine

    THR Three Years On

    No one here will remember me – I was active 3 years ago when I had my TRHR. Today being the anniversary I decided to come back to tell those who are getting ready for their replacement or those who have just had one, that you have a lot to look forward to. I don’t want to waste your time telling...
  2. mondo_caine

    Scared To Death

    I’m also 63 and I had my THR done 2 ½ years ago when I was 61. Everyone will tell you that its normal to be nervous before a surgery. I guess it is, especially if you have had difficult procedures done in the past. The important thing is to look forward to the quality of life you can expect...
  3. mondo_caine

    THR Did I really have an operation? 1 year post op!!!

    It’s been 1 year plus since I had my right hip replaced. I know everyone has to recover in their own way, so I don’t want to get into how to deal with the physical issues of it. By the way – I had a really easy time and I’ll forever be grateful for it. Since Jamie has asked me to post once in a...
  4. mondo_caine

    THR Did I really have an operation? 1 year post op!!!

    Hi Selin, I had my right hip replaced 11 months ago. Like you, I am grateful to Bonesmart for all the help and encouragement received during the first few months after the operation. Wretch that I am, I drifted away from the group in time and though I did (and do) continue to drop in once in a...
  5. mondo_caine

    THR On the other side and now in the right forum

    Hi Maeve, Like you I have been away from here for quite some time. No great travelling adventures for me - just the mundane routine stuff. I do drop in here once in a while, but since I don't really have much to contribute, I keep my mouth shut and quietly slink away. Anyway, as for getting...
  6. mondo_caine

    THR On the other side and now in the right forum

    With your confidence and determination, the cobblestones don't stand a chance! I'm off for a week in the hills and I hope I can manage okay. I'm more or less okay without the cane now, but the doc told me the third month is when most people tend to feel they are completely okay and overdo...
  7. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Poppet, Its odd but when one stops trying to rush through the stages of recovery, it seems to go much smoother. I guess its a thing that impatient & stubborn people like me learn only with time. The last few days have been remarkable - I often forget about my cane for long periods of time. Now...
  8. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Actually, I think I am okay without the cane all the time at home. But I know I tend to go too fast so I'm following the doctors instructions to the letter - leave the cane behind once in a while and build up time without it slowly so that after a month you are able to do without it about 90% of...
  9. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    I have now reached a stage of domestic chaos. The doc told me that I can now start walking a bit around the house without the cane, as long as I use it as soon a I feel any strain. The result? I leave the cane wherever I find I need to use both my hand for something and then wander around asking...
  10. mondo_caine

    THR On the other side and now in the right forum

    Maeve, I take my hat off to you. You seem to be doing more while recovering than I did even before my hip problems started!
  11. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Zauberflote, Maybe I did know it, but I didn't know that I knew it - if you know what I mean. Anyway, its been 2 weeks since my mother passed away and although I thought I had come to terms with it immediately - it had been expected for some time - I guess I hadn't. Its only now that's its all...
  12. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Thanks Josephine, As usual you are right. A weekend taking it easy has sorted things out - its been 2 days now without a fever. And yes, I guess the loss of a loved one is often more a a shock to the system than one realizes or wants to admit. Thanks again, Mother Hen! :thankyou:
  13. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Poppet, Zauberflote and Sharonslp, Thanks to all of you. Sharon, that's exactly what I feel - 2 months down the road and things are going well so I don't want to blame the new hip for things like a bit of fever. And maybe its just a bug I picked up. Or just a reaction to the physical and...
  14. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Thanks, Liveringer. The 99 degree fever is the only problem I have. No special aches or pains. No loss of appetite and no feeling of exhaustion etc. Took it easy today and plan to so so over the week end too. If the fever goes, I'll start exercising (gently) on Monday.
  15. mondo_caine

    THR On The Other Side

    Hi All, Sorry for my long absence. My mother away, who was 92 and in ill health took a turn for the worse and I had to rush to her side. She lingered on for a few day with much suffering but the end, which was a blessing, came 10 days ago. No sympathy please. Like I said, she lived a good life...
Back
Top Bottom