Recent content by Molly12

  1. Molly12

    THR My thoughts on THR after 7 weeks

    Almost 10 weeks out with no PT and OS said there was no reason for me to go now. Only doing walking and some biking and trail hiking but going very slow. If and when something hurts, I stop. I have had an uneventful recovery thankfully. I hope I don't have issues down the road so to speak. I...
  2. Molly12

    THR Do Not Overdo Things!!

    I am at the 10 week mark and feeling quite good. I really needed this reminder today as I was getting ready to walk 18 holes of golf. I will take the golf cart instead and slowly incorporate walking the course with just a few holes today. No need to rush anything. Unfortunately my husband looks...
  3. Molly12

    Yikes! I just got a call from OS office..possibly being moved up 3 weeks...going in July 23

    Absolutely go,for it. Those long weeks from preop to surgery for me were the worst! Get yourself to the other side and start your recovery. You will pain free that much sooner.
  4. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    8 week appt with surgeon and good news to report. Today I can say I am glad I had this operation. I have no hip,pain that was there before the surgery and only minimal muscle and tendon aches. He told me to get back to living my life and slowly start adding activities...biking, golf, and hiking...
  5. Molly12

    Bilateral THR Zumbamama is getting ready to shake it!

    Hope things are going well for u!
  6. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    Six weeks have gone by and I have definitely progressed since the beginning. I can tie my shoes, touch my toes, walk unassisted, drive my car, take short walks, and do minimal housekeeping chores. My greatest obstacle to overcome is expecting to be fully healed at this stage. I am nowhere near...
  7. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    Tomorrow will be 5 weeks and once again the muscle right of incision is giving pain...so much that it again hurts to walk. I have no idea what is causing it to hurt again. I did sleep on my operated side last night so perhaps I injured it again. My hip itself does not hurt. I did not do too much...
  8. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    Feeling so much better this morning. Back to where I was 2 days ago before I overdid it. I am not really sure what happened but I did try to get down into a low lawn chair and when I got back up I started to hurt so perhaps I injured a muscle. My mood is also improved!! I guess it is true that...
  9. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    @donor thanks for checking on me. Resorted to a pain med this morning and feeling a little better. Unfortunately this angry muscle is keeping me homebound as I can't drive comfortably. Going from the gas to brake pedal is painful. Feeling a little down today mood wise as I was doing so much...
  10. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    @Sullivand yes I mistakenly thought that I too would get better and better everyday. I planned to add just a little more exercise everyday and a few more housekeeping tasks until I was healed. I was not prepared for this setback but it is comforting to know that others have experienced it. I was...
  11. Molly12

    THR superpath surprise

    Four weeks yesterday and I hit the brick wall. Was feeling great yesterday morning and today I had to resort back to my cane and just rest. Can't drive because too much pain going from brake to gas pedal. Also incredibly tired!!!!! I am hoping this is just a bump in the road for both of us.
  12. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    thanks @Sagefemme @Teecup I think you are exactly right!! I just had a major meltdown and now I feel better! Your words ring true for me. What a journey this is.
  13. Molly12

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    Just read through your thread and I love your attitude!! A sense of humor rings through every post, something I find lacking for me at the moment. I laughed out loud at some of your posts and it made me feel better. I too am a retired educator with a type triple A personality and I am beyond...
  14. Molly12

    THR Molly's recovery

    Well, I must have overdid it yesterday. I went without my cane and felt fine and totally pain free until about 2 pm. All of a sudden I had a pain to the right of my incision (had anterior) that made walking very painful. I had not had this pain before. It appears to be muscular. I immediately...
  15. Molly12

    THR Newbie! Anterior hip on May 19, 2015

    Totally understand where u are coming from. I am nowhere near feeling grateful for having this done!!!! Grrrrr......
Back
Top Bottom