Recent content by MMcIntosh

  1. MMcIntosh

    TKR Trouble sleeping

    Hello @in kneed I had my TKR one day after you. I’m in the same stage now - sleeping is tough. I take Melatonin before bed and put a fresh ice pack on my knee. That helps me fall asleep. I wake up every night around midnight / 1am with muscle cramps and restless legs, often accompanied...
  2. MMcIntosh

    TKR Muscle spasms<

    Great info @momweb ! Thanks for sharing. I’m going to call my OS tomorrow. :tada:
  3. MMcIntosh

    TKR Muscle spasms<

    @sbcamp Thank you for sharing your recovery story & questions. I am 6 days behind you and last night experienced my first night of full blown leg cramps. My quad muscle went crazy with the pain originating just above my knee on the lateral side. As I worked to relax it with a foam roller and...
  4. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    @Jockette it is helpful to know this is normal! And yes I think last week’s 3 PT sessions wore out my quad and knee. That darn PT therapist keeps pushing and I’m such a perfectionist I sometimes go along with it until I realize ENOUGH. I’ve promised this weekend to my knee as a retreat! It’s...
  5. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    @sistersinhim Yes I am elevating those toes quite a bit! I read the very helpful information bonesmart shared and that has helped. I have a nice elevation pillow and I try to spend a few hours each day with that leg nice and high. I’m also getting weekly massages and the massage therapist is...
  6. MMcIntosh

    TKR Slow but steady

    Welcome to the other side! I’m about 1 week ahead of you. I’ll look forward to sharing recovery with you. :flwrysmile:
  7. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    Thank you @Jockette! I am now 3 1/2 weeks post surgery. Was reading through various threads this evening as today was a rough day and I needed a reminder that I’m not alone out here in recovery! I’m still going for outpatient PT but more vocal about my pain levels. But today I think we...
  8. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    Would you please update my thread name to “Staying Focused on Healing!” Thank you.
  9. MMcIntosh

    TKR Recovery Questions

    @AliK I’m so glad you mentioned the Seranwrap. I have knee pain in 2 spots (just behind the knee, and just above on the lateral side) each and every night. I’m going to try it!
  10. MMcIntosh

    TKR Flying after surgery

    Welcome to ‘the other side’ sparky9059! I’m only 2 weeks ahead of you. I’ve had good days, and bad days but have found this form to be a wealth of information and support. Congrats on your new knee! :dancy:
  11. MMcIntosh

    TKR Recovery Questions

    That’s great news AliK! I’m so glad you were able to push off returning to work a bit. I had my right TKR just 6 days after you. I work from home for the most part (travel to visit customers and attend meetings / events) so I was planning to return to work after just 4 weeks. I thought “hey...
  12. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    My OS said it was contact dermatitis - which I already knew. He wants me to clean it one more time with alcohol to ensure I got all of the bandage adhesive off. Nooo! :bolt:I know that will HURT but I guess I need to give it one last try as we have to ensure all the adhesive is off or it will...
  13. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    Thank you Eeek - and I’m so sorry you are going through similar. Yes this morning I have lines of blisters that are oozing fluid. Yuck. Looks like second degree burns all around my incision. I have appt with my OS in 90 minutes so looking forward to getting some treatment solutions from...
  14. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    Here’s my poor knee. You can see exactly where the dressing was from the rash.
  15. MMcIntosh

    TKR Staying Focused on Healing!

    Thank you everyone for your responses. Helpful to know I’m not alone. I will avoid putting neosporone on the rash per recommendation above. It just stings and hurts so much! :censored: I’ll stick with the oral benedryl for now and a warm wet washcloth - no soap -unless otherwise directed...
Back
Top Bottom