Recent content by mindy22

  1. mindy22

    Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

    You know Suzanne, if we had that much smow here the country would close down(and has)!! You really are going through the mill, hopefully things will get better soon.
  2. mindy22

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Hi, haven't been here for a while, I hope everybody is feeling much better now. I'm not doing so well, did something to my knee and its very unstable, eventually went on antidepressants because the depression was getting worse not better, I put on 14 kg!!, Have weaned myself off them but not...
  3. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi CaliGal,thank you so much for that, 8 months..., I have had it for 4 months now, the sock that jomarie58, recommended helped a bit. But as regards your hip, honestly? go for it and don't leave it until you are desperate:thankyou: as I was. I was petrified but got to the stage that not having...
  4. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi , since I last posted, I found the Orthoheel, sock, thanks Jomarie58, it has given some relief, I'm doing the wall stretches, the towel under the foot one, the kind of lunge one and standing on a step with my heels dropping, I have a shiatsu ball that I use as well. I started the exercises as...
  5. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi, I' m nearly 5 month post surgery, and to be honest still feeling a lot of misery. Last few days have been bad. Cant walk far at all because of plantar fasciitis, exercises don't seem to be helping at all. Becoming very isolated as it's to painful to go anywhere, can't sit down because...
  6. mindy22

    Countdown to my 2nd hip replacement - feeling fragile

    Hu @uktanny, I'm doing ok. My hip is doing very well, back to the Physio on Thursday Its surprising how fast it went by. Better warn you though, remember when you had your first child, everyone made a huge fuss, then the next, ..oh." then the third, nobody notices, second hips are like that...
  7. mindy22

    Countdown to my 2nd hip replacement - feeling fragile

    Hi @uktanny, I had my second 12 weeks ago and like you I was unable to walk any distance, never mind dance on the first. The relief was fantastic. Also like you I was in two minds this time because it was not as bad, but go for it. I did find a few nursing changes but it went well. It is true...
  8. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi Zelda, something about the stress of putting you foot flat esp first thing in the morning. It was a physio. told me that and that did help
  9. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi Jamie, did those exercises and also went to the pool and did the stair one on the steps. Did get new shoes as I thought that was the problem. The pain has eased a lot and you are very right about first thing in the morning. One bit of advice I was given before was NEVER walk in your bare...
  10. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Hi,Toddlermom, I know that feeling. It's like waves of squeerness running through you. I'm still on ibuprofen and paracetamol and it doesn't seem to make a difference. But it hasn't happened as much now I'm nearly 10 weeks. My "new"hip isn't as stiff now .The very best with the 2nd one.
  11. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    No Josephine, saw it just as I pressed send! I have just read your suggestions but it doesn't sound as it it is either shin or compartment, it's the heel is very sore and around the back of it and and my ankle is a bit swollen. i haven't been doing a lot of walking as my energy goes very...
  12. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    They were ones I found on the internet. Wall stretches, stair stretches, one on a chair with the heels facing each other and stretching the toes and rolling a ball under the foot. Some of these I used to do before the op in the gym and I wonder has the two months off caused this. I'm icing my...
  13. mindy22

    THR Stiffness??<

    Help, I think I have Plantar fasciitis in my right foot, it's really painful. I have the exercises but are they safe with the "new hip" It's now 9 weeks since the op, still stiff, esp standing up and sitting down , still having weepy days and now this. Yes you are right, I am feeling very sorry...
Back
Top Bottom