Guest viewing is limited

THR Stiffness??<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,Toddlermom, I know that feeling. It's like waves of squeerness running through you. I'm still on ibuprofen and paracetamol and it doesn't seem to make a difference. But it hasn't happened as much now I'm nearly 10 weeks. My "new"hip isn't as stiff now .The very best with the 2nd one.
 
Hi Jamie, did those exercises and also went to the pool and did the stair one on the steps. Did get new shoes as I thought that was the problem. The pain has eased a lot and you are very right about first thing in the morning.

One bit of advice I was given before was NEVER walk in your bare feet, esp first thing, so the Crocs are always there beside the bed.

Thanks for all the help, PF was a bit of a straw (that broke the camels back!!)
 
Why shouldn't you walk in your bare feet?
 
Hi Zelda, something about the stress of putting you foot flat esp first thing in the morning. It was a physio. told me that and that did help
 
Thanks - I always wonder about in bare feet. I must ask my physio next time I'm in!
 
Hi, I' m nearly 5 month post surgery, and to be honest still feeling a lot of misery. Last few days have been bad. Cant walk far at all because of plantar fasciitis, exercises don't seem to be helping at all. Becoming very isolated as it's to painful to go anywhere, can't sit down because everything is too low, I'm hauling myself up the stairs, I'm really stiff although have been doing Pt frequently and now got arthritis in my hands and all I can think of is my grandmother and my father's gnarled painful claws. . If you are reading this and saying what a self pitying loser she is, you're right, but I think I;m losing it. My concentration is shot, I'm just reading rubbish on the kindle or computer games, like chewing gum for the mind. I'll cry at two flies going up the wall. I hope to God that its the surgery not alzheimer's starting, does that make sense? Last hip op, I was so thrilled at getting my life back that I was on a high, this time, I seem to be going backwards.Everybody around me is really busy, I feel I'm just existing but I can hide that very well, but the effort wears me out. Sorry about this, I know there are a lot of people much worse off , but at the moment I am too stuck inside myself.
 
Oh Mindy, I had awful post op blues with hip one in January and have been taking an antidepressant since then. Being blue after surgery is common so you and I are not alone. For plantar fasciitis I have found relief using orthaheel or vionic brand sandals and shoes. Since I stopped walking barefoot and began using those I no longer have pain. Reach out here whenever you need to!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
So sorry for your problems in recovery, @mindy22. I hear that plantar fasciitis is quite painful, and I hope jomarie's tip will help. There's a good thread here called Depression/post-op blues - open for all that may be a good place for you to check out. I first came here to BS at 6 months post-op, with a complication that prevents me from walking unaided, and I need more surgery. It's awful having problems getting around for such a long time and seeing no end in sight. Please don't think that you need to apologize for feeling so badly - our feelings are just there and are real and must be dealt with. Are you able to reach out and talk with a therapist who might be able to help you? Getting an on-the-ground, objective, professional consultation and possible follow-up treatment can be very valuable. Hugs to you!
 
Hi , since I last posted, I found the Orthoheel, sock, thanks Jomarie58, it has given some relief, I'm doing the wall stretches, the towel under the foot one, the kind of lunge one and standing on a step with my heels dropping, I have a shiatsu ball that I use as well. I started the exercises as soon as the pain started. My doctor suggested an injection but warned it would be painful and I chickened out. A therapist is not an option at the moment, unfortunately.
 
So glad you are getting some relief! Have you also done the frozen water bottle foot massage ? Rubbing my sore arch over the icy cold bottle always helped!


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR on May 26, 2016.
 
Hi Mindy, I am new here today and am a candidate for hip surgery but am still too chicken. But the pain is worsening. Never thought I would ever have to deal with this. I know i started to get stiffer in the past several years especially when I noticed it during dance classes. Then about 4 years ago got plantar facitis, it was after my mom passed and i moved into her house and i think i pulled the muscle barefooted going out the kitchen and down onto the patio steps. So instead of the steep old stairs I was used to in the rental house I was living in for 30 years i think the new steps were new to my muscles and i think pulled it. So it took 8 months to heal now 2 years later comes the hip replacement issue....so sigh...it seems one thing to another. So hang in there hopefully it will heal soon. :prayer:
 
Hi CaliGal,thank you so much for that, 8 months..., I have had it for 4 months now, the sock that jomarie58, recommended helped a bit. But as regards your hip, honestly? go for it and don't leave it until you are desperate:thankyou: as I was. I was petrified but got to the stage that not having it was the worse choice. I didn't believe people that I would wake up without pain and it was unbelieveable. It was such a life changer that I bullied two more people into going ahead and they are delighted. Choose your surgeon and hospital carefully and go for it. I now have the second one done, it never got to the stage of the first, ok the PF has not helped at all but the surgery itself was fine and hip a lot better but it's now my knees.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom