Recent content by mimi_frog

  1. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    I slept 6 straight hours last night and I fee like dancing this morning!! Ice and a Benadryl got me through. Question for anyone - clicking and clunking - anyone else feel this when they walk? Theres no pain, but it feels weird. I'm also experiencing pain on my outer knee area. When I move it...
  2. mimi_frog

    TKR Almost 5 years post RTK, still having issues

    We're only 2 days apart in our surgery dates. My husband and I actually went out and bought a new bed with an adjustable frame because our old bed was ready for the junkyard and my sleeping was so bad. I'm still not sleeping well but elevating my legs and icing throughout the night is helping. I...
  3. mimi_frog

    TKR Putting my best foot forward

    I took Benadryl last night and finally slept!! Same as you, woke up once to pee, put an ice pack on and went back to sleep. I slept around 6 hours, and it felt amazing! Hurray!!
  4. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    I'm taking my oxycodone every 7 hours. I took a shot with the Tylenol PM hoping that would keep me asleep. Boy was I wrong! :mcoffee:
  5. mimi_frog

    TKR Putting my best foot forward

    I'm experiencing something very similiar! I sleep for a couple of hours then I'm woken up by the pain. I can't get comfortable and I just writhe. And then just tired all day since I'm not sleeping. I'd give anything for some relief!
  6. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    Could use some advice. I'm 4 weeks post op. Has anyone started decreasing their pain meds? I feel I still need them, every 6-7 hours and definitely need them at night. When did you start decreasing, how did you make the decision to switch to Tylenol? Also, my night pain is driving me crazy...
  7. mimi_frog

    TKR Tried rest and elevation but knee gets stiffer with inactivity

    I'm so sorry to hear about your PT! I had some complications with my calf my first 2 weeks post op and my first PT session actually regressed my recovery because he pushed me too hard. We talked about it and got to a better place. Now that I'm in outpatient PT, I have a better idea on what I'm...
  8. mimi_frog

    TKR 6-25-15 TKR op date

    I had to wear DVT pumps for 20 hours a day for the first 2 weeks. That was not fun. They wrapped around my legs and gently inflated and massages my calves. I had to carry around a battery pack on my neck. Now that was a pain. I'm so happy to be done with that! I do wear compression socks...
  9. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    The last 2 nights have brought a similar experience - very little to no pain at bedtime, but intense pain at 4:30 am. More of a deep ache and throbbing. I tell ya, this recovery keeps me on my toes for sure! Went to outpatient PT, really liked my therapist. She focused on form of my exercises...
  10. mimi_frog

    TKR My post-op thread

    I'm feeling the same way! I feel like my work return is looming in the distance and I can't even walk around the supermarket without being in pain later. I feel like I have to stop and rest all the time. I can't even imagine being back at work where I'm up and down all day, sometimes on my feet...
  11. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    I absolutely will check out your thread! It sounds like we have a similar journey, being so young. Thank you!
  12. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    Normal would be awesome, wouldn't it???? :) Hope you had a nice time - it must have felt great to get out!!
  13. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    I am still taking my pain meds - 5/325 every 6 hours. I still feel I need it to keep on top of the pain, although I think I can probably start tapering off in a week or 2. Thanks for the encouraging words! I'm hopeful that I'll feel the same way, but sometimes it's hard to see the end during...
  14. mimi_frog

    TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

    I had a really bad night. It started in the early evening. I couldn't seem to get comfortable and kept feeling like I needed to change positions and move my knee. I was feeling stiff so I did some gentle stretching and some light PT. My knee started aching to the point it made me queasy. I had...
  15. mimi_frog

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Sounds like your recovery is going very wel! Your ROM is great - I'm at 90 myself. I'm having some trouble sleeping but not taking anything at this point. I'm dreaming of driving too, I'm still on my oxycodone every 6 hours, which I feel I still need at this point. I'd like to be off before I...
Back
Top Bottom