Recent content by midwestmom

  1. midwestmom

    TKR Lt. knee done and now so is the Right. Recovery here I come.

    Everything sounds good! Knowing the routine must be nice. When I was told they would use a catheter I though,yuck, but I was so glad to have that and not have to get up at night! You are on track for success!
  2. midwestmom

    Bilateral TKR I Can't Believe It...I Did It!!!

    So happy you are doing great. I am at 7 months and am so thankful I did this. I don't know if I will ever need the other knee done but reading your post makes me realize I could do it if I need to. Do you ever have moments where you don't think knee,knee... I am at that point finally. Enjoy the day!
  3. midwestmom

    TKR Vickie's Knee Recovery

    All sounds good for you!
  4. midwestmom

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Good luck, second and done! Two new knees!
  5. midwestmom

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Congratulations,recovery has begun! Your attitude is great, it is a long road but worth it.
  6. midwestmom

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Congratulations on a banner day!!
  7. midwestmom

    TKR Forever hopeful - gimpy no more!

    I hope you can get your staples out. It is one of those little milestones that lets you know you are moving forward.
  8. midwestmom

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Good luck Heidi! I am glad you found Bonesmart it is a great forum with much needed advice. I look forward to following your recovery.
  9. midwestmom

    TKR What Did I Get Myself Into?

    I had to think long stride,heel toe. The more tired I get the worse the gate so I had better be walking to the freezer to get my cold pack. Five weeks is still very early so don't worry.
  10. midwestmom

    TKR Lt. knee done and now so is the Right. Recovery here I come.

    Hi Lee, I am a jan 28 graduate too. It sounds like things are going great for you. I don't know if there is an optimal time for the other knee. From what I have read on here anywhere from two days to years. I know I will end up doing the left one in the next few years but it is not needed now. I...
  11. midwestmom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    When you read this your recovery will have gotten a kickstart and you will be on your way.
  12. midwestmom

    TKR Recovering from TKR

    Wow 129!! Fantastic,congratulations. You are really on your way!
  13. midwestmom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    Meezermom, I am so sorry you have to go through this. You definitely need those closed up. Once it is done the worry will be over and recovery will continue. Praying for you,especially on Tuesday.
  14. midwestmom

    TKR Still Panicky During Recovery

    Yipes, you are the one to know when you need pain meds. This isn't a race and why are they rushing you? Your knee will guide you and you will listen. Good luck, ROM will fluctuate so don't worry.
  15. midwestmom

    TKR Jan 22 2103: Tere's left knee

    You are in my prayers for sure. I did not have this happen so I don't know what you can expect but I understand the crying. As soon as I was alone in the house I would cry and feel very sorry for myself. By five weeks I didn't feel the need to cry. The meds especially giving myself the Lovenox...
Back
Top Bottom