Recent content by MI Chickie

  1. MI Chickie

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    Thank you so much for the kind words @Cynthia777 @Chihuahuan and @Krista it means so much to me. Yes, I think 10 weeks is too early, still. I'm going to keep working on getting a bit more. I'd asked for 12 from the start but they've been pushing me on it. The PT, yes, I'd pushed it off until...
  2. MI Chickie

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    :wave: Hello my fellow BoneSmarties! I'm sorry for the long absence....I lost my Dad quite unexpectedly and I am just lost and heartbroken. Anyway....I'm 7 weeks post op now. I'm ambling along with the cane pretty nicely now and can do a few steps without, though they are horribly un-graceful...
  3. MI Chickie

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Yes, a far cry from where I was! Small improvements day by day :SUNsmile:
  4. MI Chickie

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    5 weeks post-op today! (I can't believe the work/std people want me back to work at week 8, but will worry about that later.) I've picked up the cane in the last few days as the surgeon had assured me that all things were healed and stayed in place. That first trip up and down the hall was...
  5. MI Chickie

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    @BizzyLizzy That's amazing!!! So happy to read such great progress for you!
  6. MI Chickie

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Stopping by to say hello! Hope you're enjoying the day my friend! :wave:
  7. MI Chickie

    THR Cracked Femur during surgery

    Hi @Tommyboy ! I'm glad to hear you're getting better day by day....I am sorry they didn't give you more information at the hospital! My femur cracked during surgery. Surgeon visited me at recovery (the nurses said I must be some celebrity because that never happens!) to tell me about it. In...
  8. MI Chickie

    It's 48 hours away, and I'm cool as a cucumber

    I remember the roller coaster.....I had to keep a mantra in mind for the times when my thoughts wandered to anything other than positive. Best wishes!!!
  9. MI Chickie

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    Well, here I am on the backslide once again. :bored: I have the butt pain, some groin area pain and even what I would call hamstring pain (back of leg, from under the bottom to about 5 inches above knee) PT was released so I don't know if I'm walking wrong or what. Trying to concentrate on my...
  10. MI Chickie

    THR My new hip!

    @Sommers16 This is such a beautiful, touching post. You've put a lot of my own feelings into words. I hope that some of the THR warriors as you so rightfully called them can give us some comfort or guidance. I, too, find this to be a very strange place to be in the recovery process. ..I am...
  11. MI Chickie

    THR Ready, Set, Recover MommaCatt

    Wow @MommaCatt you are sailing right on through! Great to hear you're having a smooth recovery, keep it up! I pretty much stayed with the ice for at least the first week, it really helped.
  12. MI Chickie

    THR MiChickie gets her new hip!

    Ahhh, @Cynthia777 you've got me pegged! I tend to need the quiet when frustration sets in. All my dearest friends know this about me, you're a keeper! :hugzz: I've been just thrilled that I got a glimpse at the light at the end of this tunnel. Trying to keep myself from pushing too hard is...
  13. MI Chickie

    THR Ready, Set, Recover MommaCatt

    @MommaCatt Congrats! You seem so with-it! So happy for you and looking forward to seeing you march right on through recovery!
  14. MI Chickie

    THR Candi's hip journey - two THR and a revision

    Stopping by to wish you all the best today!!!
  15. MI Chickie

    THR Bizzy Lizzy on the other side

    @BizzyLizzy You are living up to your name, getting all around to shops and such! I wish I had things like that closer to me. The hairy legs have become an issue for me, too. I tried to hook a razor to my long handled spongy thing but I need something that is bent to really do any good. I'm...
Back
Top Bottom