Recent content by MezRebuilt

  1. MezRebuilt

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    What a lovely place to walk dogs having a fantastic time. Lovely vid. When I started getting out I did just shot walk but took ball thrower. I did no more than 250m then I did s little more and then with friend did longer one but I think it was to far to soon I enjoyed it it but was in pain not...
  2. MezRebuilt

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    @Freedom it's hard but as much as you have to get back to work you have to think of you and the pain you are in. I'm hoping to get away with PKR in my right knee but they messed about so long with the left that it may need a total. But think of yourself and recovery. You know work is...
  3. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    No @Josephine not sure where you got that idea. When I put ice on my knee it makes big toe throb and I get little pockets of what I think is nerve pain in my calf as well and it's shooting and prickling in leg. Before this pain I found icing relieving but since Tuesday I'm finding it painful...
  4. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    Hi all missed a day to say hope all are well and those in there first week not too much pain. I started Tuesday feeling so upbeat then had some major issues with DLA or Called PIP now!!! So we didn't get for a walk and I spent two hours trying to sit on an upright chair while somebody phone for...
  5. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    Well the sun is shining and I'm exactly four weeks post op! Oh I remember the pain for hours in recovery :groan::gaah:me screaming them trying to get pain meds right for nerve pain :holysheep: it was bad but here we are four weeks later no crutches getting out every couple days resting in...
  6. MezRebuilt

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    Hi @GimpyGal and @Freedom how are you doing I had good day Sunday overly short walk with Hal but been resting since elevating icing - oh and looking at the spring flowers thinking oh I have so much I want to do! Nest boxes are up a neighbour did them one he put up the afternoon before I came...
  7. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    @Josephine Well I'm slowly wanting to stop the extra pain killers prescribed since op I just feel I on too many opiates but pain at times fro pelvis back etc is too much to bare But have managed to go to now 14.17 before taking the oxicontin or co- didramol. I forgot to add the hospital...
  8. MezRebuilt

    TKR Jan's journey to jump!

    Just take each day as it comes I'm post 4 weeks tomorrow and it is really noticible how things improve and when they do you feel top of the world. We all have a cry now and again does us good- I try to show the world I'm coping but every now and then I just lose it and good cry helps lol Take...
  9. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    @Josephine sorry I copied my prescription but the hospital now have me on 1200mg gabbapentin. Fencino Fentanyl 50m change every 72hrs Diazepam 5mg at night Gabapentin 1200 300mg four times a day Co Dydramol 500g two 500mg as and when needed Zopiclone 7.5m at night Venaflexine 75mg one 75mg...
  10. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    @Celle no it hadn't occurred to me, I've been I pain with serious back issue for 22 years many of those on morphine amongst other things just to keep going. I had just had my daughter and I lost the feeling in my big toe on left leg then the pain set in! Oh boy it was not a good time when it...
  11. MezRebuilt

    TKR The hardest part is not knowing where you're supposed to be

    Don't be put off we all recover st different rates. So go with the flow keep going st you own pace
  12. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    @Josephine Q1. Right this minute 1. no pain. Walking I did 0.88 miles todsy pain 4 Q2. Prescribed for post op knee oxicontin and oramorph- but for all other issues with back I'm also taking Fentanyl 50m take 150 changed ever 72hrs Diazepam 5mg Gabapentin 100 Co Dydramol 500g Zopiclone 7.5m...
  13. MezRebuilt

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    @GimpyGal no she is a working cocker spaniel but quite big she's one of our brood bitches who gave birth to the pups above and Harley Jnr. are you all smiling now I hope so Love from me and a healing woof from:dogsniff:
  14. MezRebuilt

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    Harley telling a donkey friend all about my TKR!!! The pups below turned out immaculately on the day they went to their recipients- we could not get them all together unfortunately but all the georgious pups passed and now hold their working pass books. Harley jnr. Far right is huge one of the...
  15. MezRebuilt

    TKR Op on 7/3 home 11/3<<

    @Josephine I also meant to ask can you do too much icing. My swelling is going down but I've been left in limbo. I only had district nurse come in because my son got cross as nobody had seen me in over two weeks of leaving hospital, not even to check scar, however within an hour nurse turns up...
Back
Top Bottom