Recent content by Mercy1

  1. Mercy1

    TKR Stress

    @Kelsie Lou, do you by any chance ever drink diet drinks (with ANY artificial sweetener) ESPECIALLY NutraSweet ? Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  2. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @FionaW, what a nice thing to say!!! When was your surgery? Unfortunately, I did not find BS until 3 weeks post-op! Oh, to have had the WONDERFUL folks here with me in prayer when I walked into the hospital that morning. . . BUT, find them, I did. . .and have been getting important...
  3. Mercy1

    THR Sue629 Slides down the rainbow and onto the other side

    @Sue629, so thankful to hear of your progress! I understand what you mean about suffering with the pain and wondering WHY you did that for SO long!!! I, too, have turned the corner! I was on my feet ALL day running errands, after working out at the gym! I was in and out of the car several...
  4. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @kcolle49 , I think there are several of us who wanted our "old parts"! I felt sad also about removing/changing BONE. I would love to hear what psychiatrists say about that! Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  5. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @Dieter, that is an excellent idea! I guess I could get a trailer-hitch ball and say I had my femoral head preserved in stainless steel or something. . . Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  6. Mercy1

    THR Four Weeks Since Surgery

    Wow! You are doing great @nogods!!! Way to go!❤️ Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  7. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @Serenity41, I'm doing great now that I have decided to go back to my trainer today instead of a physical therapist! My personal trainer taught physical therapy, but is now "retired". He won't let me hurt myself! I'm glad to know you are doing so well! Wow, it takes a lot of determination to...
  8. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @Poppet, you always have the best info! Actually, talking about downhill skiing! We have to go West to do so, though! In Arkansas, this past winter, we may have been able to do some cross country skiing. . . A VERY COLD and snowy winter! Very unusual! Tell me about Nordic walking! ❤️...
  9. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @Dieter, thank you so much!!!! If have to I do the R hip, I'll definitely look him up. I appreciate the information very much! Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  10. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @Dieter, may I ask where you went to have your surgery and the name of your doctor? Although I have been told that I am "way ahead" of most people, I am sorry I did not know about SuperPATH before I had my THR! I am so happy for your EXCELLENT results! Great to know that you are serving...
  11. Mercy1

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    Lol, @Dieter! What has your doctor said concerning future snow skiing? You write as though recovery is going great! Very inspirational for all !!! Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  12. Mercy1

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Like all of the others, I just had to stop by to tell you hello! I am so thankful you were able to get that shower. . .it is TRULY amazing that soap and water can feel sooooo good!!! Ahhhhh. . . I'm praying for your total healing, my brave friend!❤️ Mercy1 LTHR 5May14
  13. Mercy1

    One Crutch vs Cane

    @TTBONE, you are AWESOME! No way am I doing 1 1/2 miles walking yet! Of course you are TIRED, Wonder Woman! Your hubby is right about driving! I think that you will be AMAZED at what 3 more weeks will do, as far as healing goes, if you give yourself adequate rest! ❤️ marti Mercy1 LTHR...
  14. Mercy1

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    I am so happy to read of your progress! Ever since I found BS, I have been reading of your ordeal. . .I cannot imagine the extent of the suffering you have endured, but, I am thankful you have reached this point! I pray that as you continue your recovery, Christ will bring you into green...
  15. Mercy1

    THR Resurfacing

    @medic4355, I have never had acupuncture, myself. . .I have heard from many people that it "helps". You, actually, would know more about it, having worked in Singapore, than I do! I should have qualified my suggestion with ALL sorts of warnings, including the emphasis on sterilization of...
Back
Top Bottom