Recent content by medan2012

  1. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    I am 13 months post LTKA & am still experiencing pain in the area of L-4 D & L-1D. The pain is mainly when I step down or up(mostly down) stairs. I went to my OS & was diagnosed as Bursitis and was given a cortizone injection which didn't last. I find myself massaging the L-4D area alot to ease...
  2. medan2012

    Pain after almost one year post-TKR

    I am 13 months post LTKA & am still experiencing pain in the area of L-4 D & L-1D. The pain is mainly when I step down or up(mostly down) stairs. I went to my OS & was diagnosed as Bursitis and was given a cortizone injection which didn't last. I find myself massaging the L-4D area alot to...
  3. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Kelly, thank you for your input. I'm only using 15-20 pound weights when I do the Leg Extension & Leg Curls. Actually, since I have been doing the Leg Extensions with weight; I no longer have the catch behind my knee when walking. Also, I am doing a variety of exercises for my Hamstring &...
  4. medan2012

    TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

    Marianne, Wow, just reading your post!!! So sorry to hear about your mishap......... I haven't been on the Forum lately; only when I get alerts. Sending prayers your way that you will soon be feeling better. Take care. HUGS!!!!!!
  5. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Marianne, Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Yes, this BEND is foremost on my mind but I have to keep telling myself, "it is, what it is." My leg feels so tight at times and other times it feels loose??????? Oh well. Again, thanks for your encouraging words. Hugs back at...
  6. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Hello All!!! I haven't been on BS for awhile. Well, I'm now almost 10 months post TKA. I feel that I still have a long ways to go because I still am experiencing soreness in my muscles, tissues, tendons. My husband and I joined 24 hour fitness a month ago and I have been working with a...
  7. medan2012

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Margaret,sorry to hear about your misshap. Get better and take it easy.
  8. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Judy B, thanks for the endorsement. I would not say that I am pain free because my muscles/tendons etc are still healing and I am diabetic so maybe that is why the healing is taking longer????? I just hate the way my LTKA feels but eventually I know that I will get used to not comparing it...
  9. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Wow, I have not been posting lately!!!! Just want to update everyone on my progress. On June 13, 2013, I went for my 6 months post LTKA. My OS was not happy because I still have not reached the magic 120 flexion. My knee just refused to bend to that degree and I refused to go forward with...
  10. medan2012

    TKR Second TKR - First had Arthrofibrosis

    Hi, I haven't been posting for quite some time. I also have problems with aggressive adhesions (scarring). Today, I'm 8 months post and seem to be progressing as well as can be...... I still have not reached 120 flexion but I can pretty much do everything I need to do. I think I will post...
  11. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Judy B, thank you for your words of encouragement!!! Yes, I realize that it takes time for some people to recover and I think that I am one of those people. Have a Blessed Memorial Day.:thankyou:
  12. medan2012

    TKR Medan's Recovery

    Well, I endured 2 Graston Techniques before I left for vacation. I really did not see any change...... After each technique and pt exercises, I was left with hip pain & groin spasm. I think the therapists thought that since they were doing the GT that they could push me more for my...
  13. medan2012

    Bilateral TKR KNEE, KNEE, HOORAY

    Good luck. Wishing you a speedy recovery as speedy goes with a TKR.
  14. medan2012

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Martha, thank you for the Graston Technique information. Yes, I will add any additional information to your thread as I go along. So far, I've only had one session. My PT used different tools and was very aggressive especially on my incision!
Back
Top Bottom