Recent content by MCS1267

  1. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Hello!!! Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing fantastic. I’m on the heels of my 2 years post BTKR...feeling great. I come and read from time to time, but haven’t participated regularly...I don’t want anyone to think I’m a stalker, so I stay quiet! Ha! I remember 2 years ago today thinking...
  2. M

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Kneeling is the one thing that is 'weird' with the new knees! It feels really strange:uncomfortable to kneel. I can kneel on a pillow for a short time, but not a foam pad...youch. It is so good to see your update. You are doing so well. I have always appreciated your positive attitude. More...
  3. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've checked in here...I just celebrated my year since surgery. What an emotional year...ups/downs and everything in between. I remember last year at this time laying in my bed at rehab thinking what the hell did I do to myself. It all seems like a...
  4. M

    Bilateral TKR - PT thinks it's a bad idea

    Best to you as you approach your surgery date. I had bilateral knee replacement in 2/20/17 at age 49...leading to surgery, everyone thought it was aggressive/crazy, BUT, my surgeon convinced me it was crucial. My knees were both bone on bone and I'd been living in agony for years. I was told...
  5. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Hello there!!! So happy to say I'm feeling so much better since I pulled 'something' in my left knee last week...iced/still icing at night (I sort of find icing relaxing!). So, what would you do!?! Here I am...7 months post surgery...I feel truly fantastic...when I say fantastic, what I mean...
  6. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    I'm ok...thank you. I spoke to the nurse and described what I felt. Have been icing and I'm completely comfortable as. I move through my days. She thinks it's soft tissue misbehaving... like we always talk about here, because i am still within the first year of recovery, some of these types of...
  7. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Hello my friends... Hope you are all well. Going on 7 months since surgery...all has been great. Then today, at work I went to get up and put pressure on my toes to get up out of my chair and my left knee felt like it 'moved out of place' like something popped out and then back in on the inside...
  8. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Susieshoes! YOU are my hero...I read your posts and see the tremendous strides you continue to make. So happy for you. I will tell you it just gets better and better. I'm working on little things...like squatting down...I guess my knees won't break, right (because I can squat). I love when I...
  9. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Hello everyone! Laying awake in the middle of the night, just because...reading about everyone's journey toward recovery. Love reading the progress reports and wish everyone at all the different stages of this process patience and good things ahead. Surgery was feb 21...returned to work at...
  10. M

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    You are so smart to realize this process is slow, and its baby steps...but soon you realize the progress...it's amazing from week to week. BTW...i had interesting responses when I was preparing for surgery...the questions ranged from 'how will you rehab 2 knees at the same time?' 'How long...
  11. M

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    You are a riot! Such positive posts. So amazed at your progress (from the girl who is on week 20 into recovery). I'm doing great...just can't get over where you are in your progress! Amazing!!!
  12. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Anyone else emotional? Or is it just me??? It's will be 20 weeks tomorrow since my bilateral knee replacement. Life is moving forward and there are lots of firsts (ie...taking a power walk for exercise, going to fireworks for 4th of July, stepping in the sand and just going to the beach!)...I...
  13. M

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    Best to you. I had btkr in late Feb. you are on your way already. One day at a time. Glad you got the lightheadedness under control and are felling better. Stay ahead of pain with med. Best to you.
  14. M

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    17 weeks post surgery... Time flies when you're having fun!?? I can't believe what a difference life is like from 6 weeks ago. I still get stuff when I sit for a while...still have mild swelling...the crease in the back if my leg is still where I get some tightness sometimes, but the constant...
  15. M

    Kathi777's New Knees

    I try not to put myself in positions where I have to consider kneeling, BUT, the other day I decided to sit on the decking of our pool ... thought I was being smart by sitting at the ladder. Nope! I had to inch myself back and i was sitting on the ground like a lost soul and sort of did what...
Back
Top Bottom