Recent content by McKelly

  1. McKelly

    RTKR November 7, LTKR Dec27

    @sistersinhim That's a good point. The pain I have on the outside edge of both knees, according to my surgeon is because of walking crooked for over a year, then suddenly walking straight up and down so it's quite possible that my ankles and feet just need to strengthen and adjust! Thanks...
  2. McKelly

    TKR Two New Knees!

    I love this update! I'm looking forward to the energy drain moving off! You've inspired me! [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. McKelly

    RTKR November 7, LTKR Dec27

    Updating at 5 and 7 months to say I'm back to doing everything I did before, minus running. I'm still experiencing that "suddenly tired" feeling after being on my feet for awhile, and I still elevate and ice twice a day. I've got internal swelling that I know still affects my range of motion...
  4. McKelly

    TKR Right TKR November 7, 2016

    I'm glad people are saying it goes away! I'm right about where you are @ferddword I'm 7months on one knee, 5months on the other, but still with the "blocky...not quite mine" feeling. Good update! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. McKelly

    TKR Two New Knees!

    Awesome update! I can't wait to get caught up in house stuff myself. I love that you're back at yoga. I'm looking forward to trying that as soon as I can get up and down off the mat [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. McKelly

    RTKR November 7, LTKR Dec27

    @Red's Mom I'm glad you asked! I've been meaning to thank you for the recommendation of Tramadol and Ibuprofen I've been off Norco for about a week now, and I prefer my head being less cloudy. Slow going in some areas, but I'm just trying to be patient with my healing self [emoji3] After your...
  7. McKelly

    TKR Sabad's Recovery Is Underway!<

    Your progress sounds great! Welcome to the forum [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. McKelly

    Bilateral TKR Marcy's bilateral TKR

    Welcome Marcy! Sounds like you're doing just fine so far. Keep up your meds and rest for now. Sleep when you can! Glad you're here! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. McKelly

    TKR 2nd time around

    Hi irish1092 They say two knees are never the same. I lucked out and had the "bad" one first, so in comparison the second knee hurt less. I agree with allowing loopiness for a time, but I'm sure your OS would be happy to find something not as strong if you give them a call [emoji3]
  10. McKelly

    TKR what next?

    Hi homebody, Just wondering if your week off from exercising yielded any positive results. [emoji3] Seems like you've been through a LOT! Hoping you've found some relief from the nerve blocks and the rest
  11. McKelly

    TKR Two New Knees!

    Great to see you up and at it again!! Welcome home [emoji3]
  12. McKelly

    TKR New Knee, New Hope

    Hello LizRose, welcome to the forum. [emoji3] Lots of helpful folks and great info here.
  13. McKelly

    TKR Two New Knees!

    I'm so looking forward to numbers like you've got, and SO encouraged by your progress! We all have one bratty knee I guess. [emoji6] Sad to say the weather is slightly cooler here than you've gotten used to....but not too bad for February. Glad to hear you're doing SO well!!
  14. McKelly

    Bilateral TKR Driving and Using Narcotics

    Hello! Just saying Welcome, and agreeing with everyone else! Use your arms! Sent from my iPhone
  15. McKelly

    PKR 2 1/2 weeks out...

    Welcome Gianna As others have said, major surgery and being in pain makes some depression completely natural! It will pass...and at 2-3 weeks, you're right smack dab in the middle of the worst of it. Hang in there, it will get better with rest, elevation, and icing....and take your meds on time!!
Back
Top Bottom