Recent content by mbtokyo

  1. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    Ha! Poppet The thee I don't know, and would appreciate translation from Aussie to Seppo, are: You little bottler Don't come the raw prawn A kangaroo loose in the top paddock (although I think that one is easily understood!) Mike
  2. mbtokyo

    THR The Deed is Done - Becky Joins the Hipstas/Hipsters

    Holy Monkeys BeckyR! I hop on a plane for a couple of days and you're tickling the ivory keyboard like your playing flight of the bumblebee! You must be doing fantastic as there wasn't one typo so I know the meds are not messing with you. This really is great to see and hear of your bullet train...
  3. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    cnydutch Great to have comment!! Thanks for sharing your experience as every bit of data needs to be considered and so happy you are back playing hockey. Probably the hardest sport to do as the speed and physicality of the game are amazing to watch. As for my wife, she likes the HR procedure as...
  4. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    Hi Poppet Too busy now to write anything so have to put it off (which means I'll forget!). Didn't mean to tease just flat out like a lizard drinking - man, you Aussies have some of the coolest slang! Cheers Mike
  5. mbtokyo

    THR I'm danc-ing, danc-ING, DANC-ING!!!

    flowergirl As a fellow Michael, I cannot tell you how honored we all are that you have chosen our name as your new companion in adventure. I predict wonderful things for the two of you in future, as with a Michael, that is the norm! A speedy recovery to you both. Michael
  6. mbtokyo

    THR The Deed is Done - Becky Joins the Hipstas/Hipsters

    Wow, BeckyR just incredible what you and your husband have gone through and I must say he has the best outlook on life and is one tough son-of-a-gun! He is absolutely correct that you have to keep looking for the best as the alternative aint that attractive. You are both inspiring as reading...
  7. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    Poppet My sincerest apologies for being remiss in my responding, as I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your attentiveness to all of us in the bonesmart "family" (and it really is a wonderful fraternity). I will contact you in the next week or so with an idea I've been thinking about in line...
  8. mbtokyo

    THR The Deed is Done - Becky Joins the Hipstas/Hipsters

    Oh BeckyR! I thought I could skate under the radar and not be caught out for my lack of attention, but you school teachers miss nothing! my apologies for this but rest assured I was checking in and I have to say, look at you go!! My goodness you must have been a sprinter back in the day as I...
  9. mbtokyo

    THR The Deed is Done - Becky Joins the Hipstas/Hipsters

    BeckyR Fantastic and congratulations!! You are off to a brilliant start and am confident that ahead lies even better times! Your wonderful description of the change in your whole outlook since the pain has gone is inspiring and thanks for your report. All the best Mike
  10. mbtokyo

    Things are starting to move...

    BeckyR Very good to hear from you and thanks for taking time to reply to all of us. So much to say that it all gets stuck so I'll keep it simple and tell you that this time next week I am confident you will experience the joy that comes with no more bone-on-bone pain. Then comes that...
  11. mbtokyo

    Things are starting to move...

    Hi BeckyR Just thought I'd pop in and see how things are one week out from your big day. Hope all is well. Mike
  12. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    Poppet how great is that?! Sounds like lots of fun and at the end you get something beautiful to take home. Mike
  13. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    Oh Poppet, that was wonderful! It sounds like you have a very interesting time to look forward to with the Elders and I wish you peace and happiness in this journey. When I visited Melbourne, I would stay at the Marriott at the corner of Exibition and Lonsdale. I'd walk down to the CBD and...
  14. mbtokyo

    Left hip resurfacing - Tokyo

    Hi BeckyR, Glad you liked the picture, and I understand about obsessing on little things as the time draws near. Each person approaches surgery in a different manner, but I think the main thing is that no matter how it is approached, the person needs to be confident that things will be fine...
  15. mbtokyo

    New here and terrified

    Hi Poppet Fantastic as always! Thanks. Mike
Back
Top Bottom