Recent content by Mawmaw Daisy

  1. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

    I'm so happy for you that you're having an uneventful recovery so far! Getting that first two or three weeks behind us is very encouraging. :flwrysmile:
  2. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Recovery in Kentucky

    Well, the Bonesmart pain cocktail worked to help me get through the worst of the pain. Thank you every one for the information and SUPPORT! My staples came out last week, and OH, what a great improvement. When my nurse was removing them, it kinda felt like they had actually stapled my nerves...
  3. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

    Hi Cathy, so glad you are clicking right along. That first shower by yourself is truly a piece of heaven. I stayed so long I was afraid I would run out of hot water.:flwrysmile:
  4. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Help with pain meds post op

    Hi Joanne, I am so sorry about your tear! Just what you didn't need. I really love MsFixit's comments. I think we have to listen to our own bodies and then convince the "professional" that we are, indeed, individuals; that there is no one size fits all! Keep your head up (or down on the pillow...
  5. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

    Hi Cathy, so glad to see you made it home ok! I'll be praying for you. :flwrysmile:
  6. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Recovery in Kentucky

    I'm using the bonesmart pain cocktail to try to make it through each day. It does appear to help but really takes a toll on my stomach. I'm "saving" what little pain meds I DO have for PT time. I sooo don't want to just sit here. I did get a bath by myself yesterday morning. Yippee. Staples cam...
  7. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

    Hi Nancy, I'm only 2 weeks post op and the roller coaster ride has kicked into high gear for me. I can go from boiling angry to cryin in a matter seconds. I'm still trying to get a grip on the pain. Trying to 'save' what pain meds I do have for PT. Mornings are the worst. Keep hanging in there...
  8. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Birthday Cake and Ice Cream on the Other Side--All invited

    Hi Cathy Happy Birthday. Looking forward to recovery with you on the other side!
  9. Mawmaw Daisy

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Good luck and I'll be looking for you, Bert and Ernie on the other side.
  10. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

    Hi NLT.... So sorry for your struggles with becoming your own advocate. I am struggling with a similar situation with pain control only 8 days PO. With a lot of support and information from this site, I have learned in the past 48 hrs that I must be my own cheerleader and fight for my rights as...
  11. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Recovery in Kentucky

    Aaahhhh.. This so incredibly frustrating! No luck with pain management help from my OS office (surgeon is on Vacation). In fact not only will they not prescribe the current 2- 5mg Percocet every 4-6hrs, but they are cutting me back !! My PCP is extremely reluctant to get involved, something...
  12. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Recovery in Kentucky

    Question...Did/does any one sleep on their side after tkr? How did/does it affect recovery I have found that I can get about 4 hours sleep if I lay on my right side with the new knee leg (left)actually crossed all of the way over my right and resting on a gel pack on a pillow. question #2 I...
  13. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Recovery in Kentucky

    The 'nail; is like a long rod that was put down the center of my tibia, from ankle to knee. I had a compound fracture in 1982. The pain is not as bad as a week ago, but my issue is controlling the pain enough to DO something, ie. PT, go to the bathroom, get to the recliner in the other room...
  14. Mawmaw Daisy

    TKR Recovery in Kentucky

    Yeah...Made it to the other side! Had a couple surgical complications. The nail in my lower leg was to be removed to make way for my new knee. It had other ideas! My OS spent an extra hour and a half in the OR trying to remove it. I got rather beat up in the process. Only a small extension piece...
  15. Mawmaw Daisy

    Yippee....New Date

    Cathy - thanks for the info about the chart. Thank you to every one for your support and encouragement. The big day is finally here. Time to get to bed and get some final sleep. May be the last for a little while. Just had a "Hmmmm" thought. I wonder what every one else's To Do list looks like...
Back
Top Bottom