Yippee....New Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawmaw Daisy

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone. I was scheduled for LTKR on April 29. I was lucky enough last week to have my date moved up to April 9th ! :egypdance:
I am Sooo excited to get this underway.
This website is truly a blessing from above. I had no idea I would be able to get this much education and support all in one place. Thank you moderators and fellow patients!
I saw someone had mentioned a link to a chart for keeping track of your progress. Does anyone have this? I wa shaving trouble accessing and navigating the site from my phone, but now I am able to get on from a PC.
Wednesday I have what is called a JET class at the hospital, Joint Education and Testing.
Question...About the continuous icing machines...Are these 'prescribed' by my OS or is it a hospital choice or?
I have a 'nail' in my lower leg that my os will be removing at the start of surgery. Anyone else with experience in this area. Kind of hard for me to grasp the idea that nothing but blood will initially 'fill' the empty space created. Hmmm......

Looking forward to keeping up with everyone.
-Mary

Mary,

I am excited that you are moving up on the surgery schedule! :happydance: We are here for you and someone that knows about the chart you are referring o, and someone who has has a screw in their leg will probably find you and post! We look out for each other like a big happy family! :happydance:

Congratulations on moving your date to earlier in the month :dancy: I'm booked in for the 29 April and it can't come soon enough for me :happydance: . I recently had a plate and about 6/8 screws removed from my knee that's I have had to wait until 29 April for my op :whistle: Scar is healing and looking better each week. It's not going to be a pretty leg by the time I get the next scar :cry:

Hi Landoz ...your scar doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things...you are what matters most..you and how you are moving and what you will be able to do in your life...so the OS will leave his mark..but over time it will fade and no become so noticeable. Since my scar was healed i have been using cica-care ...a silicon like product..which sticks over it during the night..it reduces unevenness and redness. It like all things with your recovery takes time so you have to put it on every night...but it's just another of the many options you'll decide on post -op. :tada: :yay:

but you are almost there now...waiting just about done...soon you will be with us al on the other side..and we are watching and waiting eagerly for your arrival.

hugs Gami :happydance: :egypdance: :flwrysmile: :friends: :flwrysmile:

Question...About the continuous icing machines...Are these 'prescribed' by my OS or is it a hospital choice or?
Congratulations on your new date!! That means that you will be reaching "the other side" all that faster and be able to enjoy summer sooner!

Those CPM machines are up to the OS's protocol. Depending on the OS, you may or may not have it. My OS didn't think that they worked; my father had two TKR's about a year apart and the OS had him on the CPM both times until he went home.

So glad your date got moved up. Once you have made the decision to have surgery, the waiting is a hard thing to do. By the time your original date gets here, hopefully, you will have the worse behind you!!

I am so glad you got a new date. It will come fast so get all the stuff ready. Take care Tashia

It won't be long now, and you won't have to worry about screws or the old knee pain! After rehabbing, you will be looking at a new pain free life that has you doing more than you ever thought possible! I love life now, before, I was merely existing from day to day! :happydance:

Mary,
The continuous icing machine that I had was prescibed by my OS. Had to purchase it. The thing is just
great. Only thing you have to do is put ice in it every 4 - 5 hours. So while you're sitting there watching
TV with your leg propped up the maching runs automatically. i loved mine and I think you will too. Good
luck with your knee replacement.

Bassman
PLKR 26 Nov 12

Mary,

All three of my machines were on my leg after each surgery when I woke up! The first one was Latex, and my Hubby took it off, showing them the blisters! I am allergic to latex, so I can't have it touch my skin. The other two machines were non-latex and were great!

Mawmaw, I came over to say HI. You sound like your all ready for the surgrey. I must admit I didn't know about the ice machine. It sounds great. The date is just around the corner. Before you know it, it will be here. Take care. Tashia

Mary At my OS appointment yesterday I was told that my doctor would prescribe one of those circulating water cuff machines for me to use. Was told my insurance would cover part of the expense but that I would probably have a co-pay. You may want to call your OS's office and talk to one the staff about it.

Mary In the Bonesmart library there is a thread called Activity Progression for TKRs--this might be the one you were asking about. I think I am going to print it and keep it handy for reference.

Cathy - thanks for the info about the chart.
Thank you to every one for your support and encouragement. The big day is finally here.
Time to get to bed and get some final sleep. May be the last for a little while.
Just had a "Hmmmm" thought. I wonder what every one else's To Do list looks like in comparison to mine...Hmm...
I finally tore mine up a couple hours ago and decided for sure...If it isn't done, it didn't need to be done in the first place LOL/
Pulling up my big girl panties now .........

All the very best Mary for tomorrow wishing you a quick and speedy recovery :flwrysmile: Good idea with the list! Looking forward to your posts on recovery when your up to it.:friends:

Good luck today. It is already morning on the West Coast of the United States. See ya on the other side. Let us know as soon as you can how things went. Tashia

Mawmaw Daisy I know today is your BIG day and I am sending you bushels of warm and friendly wishes for your journey to the other side. We are all thinking about you and hoping that all things go well. Whenever possible, let us know how you are doing. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:

Look forward to seeing you on the other side and hearing about your recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks