Recent content by Margie10

  1. Margie10

    Revision THR Looks like maybe a revision will be needed...

    Hi @chalcedonian1 I've been down the path you're going down. I had my original hip replacement in August last year and had it revised in February because of a loose stem. Like you, I think the surgeon originally used too small a stem. My revision was cemented, whereas I think yours will be...
  2. Margie10

    TKR Larger Size Knee Prosthesis<

    Wow Izabel you've been through a lot in a short space of time, my heart goes out to you. :flwrysmile: You need some flowers and some tender loving care. Look after yourself and hope this all starts improving.
  3. Margie10

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Hi Zinnia I've been following your story, which sounds so harrowing. I hope you are having an enjoyable relaxing weekend. I enjoyed your choice of entertainment we have been watching Midsimer Murders and Foyles War over the past few weeks!
  4. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Hi just an update - I am now at five weeks and my hip feels like it's going pretty well apart from start up pain. Sometimes it's not too bad, but after say a longish trip in the car the first ten steps are pretty darn awful. However the good news is my thigh now feels part of my body, before...
  5. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    @Gidget well that's an interesting insight. My son had sinus surgery that had to be redone. It was day surgery and I was quite shocked at the number having procedures that particular day by his surgeon. And the surgeon didn't use splints - the septum collapsed to one side and had to be redone. I...
  6. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    @Gidget sadly you are spot on. I also think the docs here are all way too over worked.
  7. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Thanks so much, sometimes I wish we were in America. It is such a small market here and the medical people circle the wagons to protect their own. I keep hearing stories from people of occurrences that all get swept under the carpet and shrugged off.
  8. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Thanks @Mojo333 my hip is going really well now actually, which is an enormous relief. My eyes aren't improving and concensus amongst amongst the retinal specialists is that cells died and won't regenerate. My right eye has hardly any vision at all. I'm devastated as I am out and about more...
  9. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Omigosh @BeBe thats terrible! Have they lost a lot of vision? Will it continue to deteriorate or has it stopped now!
  10. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Hi Jaimie I've had a few answers and you were right, I wasn't lying on my stomach. Current thinking is that it was because my blood pressure was so excessively low so oxygen didn't get to my eyes. Still waiting on the diagnosis. My hip is still pretty sore, but I had to sit for 3 hours on tiny...
  11. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Thanks Jamie I will ask these questions. ive left messages with everyone and I am waiting for them to get back to me.
  12. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    Thank you :bawl:I am having a "pity party" sorry! Just want a heads up to people do they know about this. If you have surgery where you are on your stomach and your face is to one side, there can be compression and loss of blood/oxygen to the eye. Ask how they plan to do the surgery!
  13. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    So been a bit distracted. When I came round from surgery, I was seeing weird coloured spots in my eyes, even when they were closed. This was particularly noticeable in one eye. The colours disappeared after a few hours. Then back home I realised how hard it was to read. I found letters and words...
  14. Margie10

    Revision THR Loose stem revision

    I'm in quite a lot of pain but if I take medication I end up sleeping all day and feeling quite nauseous. Don't know how to balance this. Sore around my hip and down the side of my leg including my calf.
  15. Margie10

    Revision THR hip replacement gone bad<

    Oh that's wonderful to hear Zinnia! Must be such a weight off your mind!
Back
Top Bottom