Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Loose stem revision

Thanks so much, sometimes I wish we were in America. It is such a small market here and the medical people circle the wagons to protect their own. I keep hearing stories from people of occurrences that all get swept under the carpet and shrugged off.
 
Prayers :prayer:and hugs for you, Margie :console2:
Wishing you a peaceful week.

@Margie10
 
@Margie10 I am not sure how it works where you are. But in the UK we can file a complaint with the hospital and in most cases you do get answers. I filed a complaint about cardiac treatment when I had to stay in hospital 7 days waiting for a procedure. I did get answers and a confirmation that the area would change their procedures to the benefit of patients making any wait less stressful. Can you do this where you are? Sometimes we need to speak up to get these issues the visibility they need.
 
You file a complaint here and you get all manner of excuses. Unless you go the Media/Solicitor route you’ll be nowhere. The outcome will be NO other Doc will want you as a patient. Small population, small group of Docs, large doctors union....equals coverups. Simple fact.
 
@Gidget sadly you are spot on. I also think the docs here are all way too over worked.
 
Margie...overworked through choice. More work, more money. Did you know that the College of Surgeons restrict the numbers of Doctors that can become Surgeons because fewer Surgeons means less competition and less competition means you can charge what you want. I worked in a very big teaching hospital...I’ve heard the conversations first hand. You can call me cynical...I call myself a realist. Certain specialties have severe restrictions on how many Docs they let graduate to that Speciality and they vary it State to State as well. It’s all sown up. They are extremely powerful lobby group.

I’m editing to say...just because Surgeons as a whole are “unionised” doesn’t detract from the Surgeons who are very good and caring and doing their best...in fact I admire those Surgeons because they survived the culture.
 
@Gidget well that's an interesting insight. My son had sinus surgery that had to be redone. It was day surgery and I was quite shocked at the number having procedures that particular day by his surgeon. And the surgeon didn't use splints - the septum collapsed to one side and had to be redone. I went to another surgeon who was wonderful, and took one look and said "this kid needs more surgery!". Then he looked at me and said "you don't look the sort of person likely to cause trouble." Then he never wrote back to my GP about it, I think he didn't want to put anything down in writing.

By the way love your dog! Looks like she'd be a friend of my one lol!
 
Hi just an update - I am now at five weeks and my hip feels like it's going pretty well apart from start up pain. Sometimes it's not too bad, but after say a longish trip in the car the first ten steps are pretty darn awful.

However the good news is my thigh now feels part of my body, before the revision I realised I felt I had to drag my leg forward to move.

Not doing any physio, as per Josephine's instructions!

I am trying to walk every day, which I love, fully weight bearing and doing say 1-2km a day.

Is that considered excessive?
 
Hi there :hi:
Sounds like you're doing well @Margie10
Five weeks post op already. Getting stronger day by day :yes!:
Hope your weekend is wonderful!
 
Onward and upward...happy you are seeing improvement! Long journey for you....happy all seems to be going well.:wave:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom