Recent content by MarciHeff

  1. MarciHeff

    TKR Bilateral TKR 25th May.

    Hope it all went well. I'm nearly 12 months post Bilateral. You will get there. Be kind to yourself... xxx
  2. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    Nice one Debs, the healing can now begin. Be kind to your knees and yourself it's slow at the beginning... you'll get there xxxxx
  3. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR done on Dec 2, 2016<

    Hi Room, I am a bilateral too. I would say be kind to yourself. it takes time to heal but you will get there. Take your meds and work with your PT to slowly but surely achieve your goals. I saw a youtube video of a man with a bilateral replacement who was out shopping at three weeks. I didn't...
  4. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    @Celle - thank you for the article, though no my left knee isn't clunking or clicking ( I know as my right leg clicked during the early stage ). @Josephine - thank you for the reassurance, I do trust this site and will go into - watchful waiting to see if it changes at all. If it becomes painful...
  5. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    @reffee54: I read this last week on a US Company....... 'Grinding sounds come from scar tissue that often forms after surgery. If the grinding is painful then let you should let us know.' but I trust the Bonesmart community so I thought I would ask.
  6. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    Indeed .. the grinding is not a problem but it makes me feel sick when it happens, it's more than my old bones grinding.. but it's not threatening my life so maybe I will have to live with it. I'm still unable to go through the day without an afternoon nap - and if I don't nap I can't sleep at...
  7. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    Thank you Celle and Josephine... 1. I have no pain when I stretch out my left leg. 2. My ROM is excellent on both legs... pretty much what yours looked like at 130 or so. 3. I have (pretty much) fully mobile, I can walk 6000 steps each day without swelling now. I do get a bruising on my leg...
  8. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    I wonder if you can all help me answer a question I have? All is progressing well.... BUT when I straighten my left leg it grinds, from the knee cap down into the joint - it's VERY horrible, turning my stomach sometimes. It started when the swelling went down and I left it and hoped that the...
  9. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR 15month update....finally normal

    @referee54 is so right... it's early days for a bilateral. Take time, take ice, take meds. Healing will come. I am four months out of my Bilateral and I want you to know everything takes longer than we think.. but you will get there. I wondered how far I would be able to go on the journey of...
  10. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    Thank you KarriB and Greatlakes.. you reassure me. It's helpful. much hugs xx
  11. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    Hi everyone, I'm at four months from my bilateral tomorrow... I have better sleep, 130 on both legs and have reduced my meds to a point of forgetting to take them some time. I could be happy but I'm not recently. I am really struggling with my stamina. The GP has advised that my blood test is...
  12. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    Thank you everyone... it's really been one of the big journeys in my life. xxxx
  13. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Marci's Progress - Operation 16/6/16

    As I come towards 100 days after my Bilateral Knee replacement.... I wanted to capture the immense journey I have been on. At 100 days ago I had an operation to replace both knees with two new ones. The surgeon asked me to have two at the same time and warned me it takes a lot out of the...
  14. MarciHeff

    Bilateral TKR Bilat TKR doing great,but..

    Yes I can relate to the smell problems... I couldn't eat much for the first few weeks. Then I couldn't stomach fish, fried food, baked beans and stinky cheese. It all changed after about six weeks and I am back to normal - good appetite and enjoying myself. I enjoyed a lots of fruit smoothies...
  15. MarciHeff

    still planning

    Ho Dogglemom, I am five weeks in recovery from a bliateral knee operation. It's amazing what I was able to do straight away.... mostly because of the levels of pain meds. Its really about showing you how easy it is to move around and stand. My new knees are pretty sturdy - they will last me 25...
Back
Top Bottom