Recent content by Mamarey

  1. Mamarey

    THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

    My first long drive will be next week when I have a four hour drive up to Northern Michigan. I plan to stop every two hours and walk. I went to my OS yesterday, he took an X Ray. Said it looks beautiful, and that it does sound like I may have tendonitis in the groin. He said that the...
  2. Mamarey

    THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

    Liveringer. So glad to hear how well you are progressing. I wonder how long it is before that achy stiffness leaves after sitting, standing, longer car rides, first thing in the morning? Enjoy the rest of your summer off. I go back to work in two weeks. Starting to get up at 6:00 this week...
  3. Mamarey

    THR Life and freedom on the recovery side

    My ex will not find out until the middle of next week his staging and prognosis. In the mean time, he remains in the hospital and has a colostomy. I pray for his strength and recovery and may he have the will to fight the battle ahead. He has issues with alcohol, that is why we divorced...
  4. Mamarey

    THR Watch out tennis balls ! Tennisnut has landed

    TennisNut I will have to look up that model on Amazon. As my PT said, I should not have to use a Tens machine for my hip, I should have a complete recovery...however, the rest of my body has lots of arthritis, especially my C1-C-4 (bone spurs), lower back, and hands..., may be a good...
  5. Mamarey

    THR All Done

    zauberflöte I never had tape, but today is my 6 weeks, and my incision is still healing and shows some scabbing deep in along with the adhesions on the end. The adhesions reduce a little bit each week, and I rub vitamin E cream on 3x per day, really massaging it in...it really is a long...
  6. Mamarey

    THR Littlejem is back on the other side!

    Littlejem I have jars of prune juice left over...glad your surgery went well, and happy healing to you
  7. Mamarey

    THR Life and freedom on the recovery side

    Yes, it is my nature to keep on keeping on, because that is what I have had to do since being a single parent for the past 16 years. I work hard, I work out hard, I just always keep on, because it is what I have had to do to survive. I cannot let myself go to the "envy" mode...I have only...
  8. Mamarey

    THR Life and freedom on the recovery side

    Good morning all. Well, I can feel the areas of the body where I had my Pilates yesterday. Calves are really sore. Amazing the muscles that are awakened doing a different activity. Surprised since I have been using my legs so much on the bike and the elliptical. Going to try and take it...
  9. Mamarey

    THR Sharon's Anniversary Waltz

    sharonslp...safe and fun travels :)
  10. Mamarey

    THR Life and freedom on the recovery side

    Today was my 4th day of PT. I still have a lot of inflammation, but today my therapy was on the Pilates Reformer Table. Great experience. Non weight bearing, but really works on strengthening and stretching. I ended my session with my 15 minutes of ice and electrical stimulation. My mistake...
  11. Mamarey

    THR Hokey cokey OK

    My PT told me not to use the recliner bike at the gym. I use the regular lifecycle. It feels good, but it does hurt the tush. I have a spinning bike at home, but have not tried that out yet. I am thinking about getting a gel cushion for my hybrid bike. I am going to get it out tomorrow, put...
  12. Mamarey

    THR Watch out tennis balls ! Tennisnut has landed

    TennisNut I was looking at Tens machines on Amazon yesterday. I have the Electrical current therapy at PT three times per week and I really like it. From what I read on Amazon, it really helps people with hip, back pain. Which Tens machine do you have? PT has really helped me. I talk one...
  13. Mamarey

    Right Total Hip Replacement - July 10th

    I handled everything on my own. I had all the tools beforehand, as I was so immobile prior to surgery. I had a commode over toilet, shower chair, a couple of grabbers, walker, cane, crutches. Dressing is the biggest challenge (pants, shoes) and you will need help with meals as standing for...
  14. Mamarey

    THR Life and freedom on the recovery side

    ByGosh I got a pedicure today, and they had not seen me in two weeks and they could not believe the change. I actually walked somewhat normally. For months, they saw me with my cane, hunched over, turned in and in terrible pain. Two weeks ago @ three weeks, I was better, but still walking...
  15. Mamarey

    THR Life and freedom on the recovery side

    ByGosh Carex Soft Grip Folding Cane, Black - Carex Health Brands: This is the one I was going to purchase on Amazon. Decided on my Pharmacy, because I had to go there anyway, and the price was just about the same...not wait, not shipping.
Back
Top Bottom