Recent content by macduf387

  1. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Hi @mlwreader hope you are recovering well I had my surgery done in Temecula with Dr Paul Reiman have a great weekend.
  2. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Well hello everyone it’s been awhile since I have been on the forum, I guess that’s a good thing it’s been just over a year since I had my right tkr and two years since my left tkr. I feel good I have regained my strength and walking and exercising at least 5 times a week. My knees feel good and...
  3. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    No @sistersinhim it just started this week and it's definitely not pleasant. If it doesn't clear up I will be giving him a call. I want to believe that it will just go away.
  4. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Hi fellow bone smarties I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question I suddenly have a sharp pain on inside of my left knee which was replaced around 18 months ago. It's worse when I walk down stairs. Not sure if I twisted it or what. Otherwise both knees are doing great, just not sure if I...
  5. macduf387

    Knee Infection* Right knee has been replaced

    Hi Marian @newlybionic wow I just caught up on your thread and I am so sorry you have had such an awful time with your right knee tkr. I remember the OS going over with worst case scenario before surgery and thinking that's a scary thing to get an infection. But we still go ahead with the...
  6. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    It's been awhile I have been busy and recovering well. I had my 6 month checkup beginning of June and all is well , my surgeon told me to get on with life and to see him in year sooner if there were any problems. I have started exercising more and my Knees feel good they still tell me when I...
  7. macduf387

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    My secondary right knee is doing well it will be 3 months old on Sunday. ☺️ It still swells during the day and does not like wet weather. It is different to my other knee in that I seem to have a little more swelling and still some pain at night. Otherwise starting to walk more and just getting...
  8. macduf387

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    Hi Janis @Timetolive so sorry to hear you are having pain, I hope the icing and anti inflamatories help and that it is just a minor hiccup. So glad to see you stopping by. Take care :flwrysmile:
  9. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Thank you @Celle i am icing and elevating hopefully it disappears soon as it's hampering my flexion it dropped from 117 to 110 to 112. I guess just another little bump in the road of recovery.
  10. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Hi all I had a good weekend my brother got married. It was a beautiful wedding the road trip on the other hand was quite eventful. It is supposed to take 4-4.30 hrs to get there and it took us 7.30 hrs. Sat in traffic for over two hrs due to weather which caused a FedEx truck to blow over we had...
  11. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Thanks @KarriB i have my brothers wedding this weekend it's going to be about a 4hour drive each way, I think I am going to sit in the back and keep my leg up and ice it.
  12. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Hi All just checking in I have just reached the 10 week mark feeling good the energy drain still hitting me big time. I am fine till around 1-2pm and then I have to lie down and rest and ice my knee. I also seem to have reached a bit of a slump last Friday measured 118 bend and feeling fine then...
  13. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Thank you @Celle and @KarriB yip I went back to pt today told my guy no weights at all he said ok and said that my knee was stiffer than usual which I said yes from trying the weights. Ugh takes longer to get the knee happy after hurting it or wrong pt than it is to do no pt which is what the...
  14. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Oh boy just that 15 pound weight trial I tried on Monday did me in yesterday. My knee was swollen and painful all day. I did see my OS he was very happy with my progress. He said I am exactly where I should be. One thing I am noticing this time around is pain at night. I fall asleep just fine...
  15. macduf387

    TKR macduf387 has crossed over to recovery - round 2

    Mmm had pt today he decided I could start doing some seated hamstring curls with weights. I tried one 25 pound and I said no way went down to 15 and did a few started hurting so I said no thanks. I am 7 weeks post op today and my knee feels good it gets stiff and still sore down to 1 Vicodin at...
Back
Top Bottom