Your doing fantastic !! I was not ready to walk without aids when I did but had to because of shoulder issues. I was thankful my house is small and was able to use walls and furniture. If you can’t use stuff like that and can stick with a walking aid do that. I now have hiking poles for walks...
Have you tried melatonin ? It is more natural and works wonders. I combine it with magnesium glycinate about an hour before sleep. It often kicks in a bit sooner. Both are things your body produces naturally. I would ask a pharmacist to be sure it won’t interfere with any meds or health issues...
Yes I had spikes throughout. Sometimes because I moved a way I shouldn’t and other times because healing is not straightforward. There are ups and downs!
I had bad bruising in my knee but worse was my ankle. It swelled and bruised pretty bad.
It’s all normal. Just listen to what your body...
I did barely anything for 6 weeks. I was not in good shape before surgery. Waited 4 yrs mostly because they didn’t know it was my hip. I can say by doing nothing for 6 weeks I impressed the dr when I showed for my app. He didn’t have the high hopes for me so soon. I’m not saying to not do...
I agree with everyone here. Time and patience. I expected to be further along. I did heal quickly but I still have pain at times. I didn’t do much for 6 long weeks. It did make a difference not pushing any PT or anything in those weeks. I gave my body time to heal. I’m only 6 weeks out but by...
Absolutely! I used the walker for 2 weeks and 2 days. Then shifted to a cane but put a lot of my weight to the right side to allow the left to heal. I read someone standing on one foot to strengthen … big mistake for me because ouch!! Caused pain for days. I still get some pain in some areas on...
Today I made it to the ODIC and it’s only 2pm. Walked 4.93 miles in 2 hrs and 12 min. By the end of summer it won’t take me as long but I think I’ll not walk so far at once :running:I got walking poles which is why I pushed myself. Nasty habit but I was so happy to be out on the trail.
Week 6!!!! Yay!!!
Had my appointment with my surgeon and all restrictions are lifted !! I made it!!
PT told me some exercises to strengthen my legs but no PT officially is needed. Dr seemed a bit surprised. Not sure why but he looked like it. Told me everything looks good and to get back to...
:heehee: Sounds like me. Hates sitting around and not doing anything. It gets boring and those days seem long except one day you suddenly realize the time flew by. I didn’t notice a lot of progress then the next day I would leap. That’s how my healing goes. Stays the same stays the Same then...
Your really tall so I would keep the toilet raiser on. My surgeons office that and the walker must haves to go home. Unfortunately I am on the cusp of needing one and had a few small injuries from it. I talked to a nurse that said my height not to use it. Anyone talker should. This is to keep...
The time will fly by! Soon you will be on the recovery side. I only found this site days before. I would highly recommend the ice pack on Amazon that’s full leg. I wish I seen it before I ordered mine. Ice will be your best friend !
I’ve needed a hip replacement for 4 yrs. they just figured it out in oct. makes me angry but what can you do? I’m very overweight due to 4 yrs of not being able to walk. I’m week 5 and am walking short amounts on my own unaided. Most of the pain I felt was gone day of surgery. The rest is slowly...
You should ( not sure how it works there ) have an appointment to see or talk to the anthologist a week before your app. At least here you do. I didn’t because it was last minute. They will inform you what meds to stop and when to. I was taking meds you need to stop a week before but didn’t. I...
So sorry that happened. Unfortunately they are more concerned with liability. Found it out the hard way when my daughter had to go to rehab. She got kicked out early because of Covid. Good thing for her though! They were determined she use a wheelchair the rest of her life. She walks unassisted...
Your doing fantastic. I had some bad swelling around that same time. I’m on week 5. My sleep is on and off. More off lately from staying on my back so much.
The ice can get a bit chilly but this time of year it’s welcomed some days. The pain fades to annoying as a reminder at times but more...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.