Recent content by Lori

  1. Lori

    TKR scar tissue removal

    Thanks, I am hoping for more people to respond. I'm not worried about the surgery, I just want to go up & down stairs again & ride my bike. :chinstroke:
  2. Lori

    TKR scar tissue removal

    I had a TKR 3 years ago & I have lost a lot of range of motion. I have pain & stairs & other activities are almost impossible. I went to my Ortho Dr. & he said he can do arthroscopic surgery & shave away the huge amount of scar tissue that has developed since the replacement. He called it...
  3. Lori

    Bilateral TKR Pain behind knee when working on ROM

    I agree. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (happily out cold).:zzz: I am happy I went ahead & did it, as moving, walking, stairs, & bending are easier. I may not be (still) where OS wants me, but, I think more will come as I continue to rehab it here at home.
  4. Lori

    Weaning off medication

    I still take 1 Percoset at night. I have the achy, can't get comfortable pain, that keeps me awake. If I have done a lot of walking & lots of exercises & PT throughout the day, & it hurts a lot, I may take another one during the night. I'll take 1 with breakfast & I'm good till bedtime. My...
  5. Lori

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Hey Janet2012! I'm back on after a long break. After the 4 month mark, (& the MUA in Sept.) new knee became much happier. I can get it to 100 by myself (stiff hard to do) & it's just about straight! I'm thrilled. PT may be finally over, I go next week for a re-evaluation! They have made my...
  6. Lori

    TKR Stiffness and cramping from driving and sitting.

    I.m over 4 months now & I still get all tight & stiff while sitting, standing in one place & driving. as soon as I manage to get up, or move some it goes away, usually within a few minutes. If it lingers, I do some stretches & take a few deep breaths & remember it will get better. I work at a...
  7. Lori

    MUA MUA 23rd July

    Tough as usual! I don't mind the stretching, I've always liked the feel of stretching out my muscles (did the splits in my previous life, lol) But the other stuff he does isn't fun at all! The pushing it down & forcing it to bend that is a whole different story. 3 more weeks of PT 3 times a...
  8. Lori

    MUA MUA 23rd July

    I'll definitely ask him about it on Thurs. when I have my next appointment! Off to the CPM machine, then ice! :whistle:
  9. Lori

    MUA MUA 23rd July

    My OS told my husband he got it to 125 in a phone message after the MUA & he (OS) told me in recovery he got it to 100. I'll check with him at the next appointment (on Thurs.) to see which is correct.
  10. Lori

    MUA MUA 23rd July

    Pain! Pain! Pain! I could barely get up this morning as my whole leg ached!!! Well, my toes didn't hurt!:umm: The back of my leg, the inside of my leg, the outside of my leg & my hamstring from my rump to my ankle hurts. Iced & stretched today. The PT guy said as I was leaving yesterday...
  11. Lori

    MUA MUA 23rd July

    Well, I had it on Wed. 9-12. Pt in the afternoon & every day since. As of today, ROM (unaided) was 93, nearly the same as before. With PT "assistance" he got it to about 100. Ugh! :tantrum: Lots of pushing & I don't know what else to do. I hear my Smarties say,"Don't let them push you" &...
  12. Lori

    MUA MUA 23rd July

    Well, I am having the dreaded MUA tomorrow (at 7am, yikes). Then back to PT in the afternoon, after the anesthesia is worn off; per OS directions. Then PT 3 times a week for up to 3 weeks. Such a big hurdle to cross over! I'm trying to keep positive & remind myself that this is just another...
  13. Lori

    TKR Trouble Sleeping

    Very numb, because they cut tiny nerves when doing the surgery. It makes for a fun time when shaving over that area!:)
  14. Lori

    TKR Im feeling mighty low friends :*(

    Hi there Laurie...from Lori :wink: I too have had bending issues, with my knee being stuck at 90 degrees, despite aggressive (really bad) PT, biking on my recumbent bike, walking & exercises. My knee had a ROM of about 73 degrees prior to the TKR. My OS has a goal of 125-130. I have...
  15. Lori

    TKR 1st post since TKR on June 4

    I have a question about the MUA procedure. I will be having one done this week or next week & I am wondering if I'll be able to go to work a few days after having it or if I'll be "down for the count?" I will have PT following the MUA (same day) & PT 3 times a week, for 3 weeks. I hope to be...
Back
Top Bottom