Recent content by LindaW

  1. L

    TKR Diane's KneeQuest, NewKnee Inn Recovery

    I'm so glad your surgery is behind you. Now just sleep as much as you can and feel better. Those drugs make us feel so groggy. I felt like my brain was mush!!! Tomorrow is a new day!!!
  2. L

    TKR Surgery Aug 1 is over

    The tech contacted my OS to tell the surgeon what they had found. The PA did send me for blood work to use as a baseline. There is no more heat around the knee and the swelling is down. They did not take my temperature at the office of my surgeon. I would say I had a low grade temp, but just...
  3. L

    TKR Surgery Aug 1 is over

    Infection Dear Suz and Great Lakes: I get up on Friday not feeling real well, but it takes me a little while longer, but thought I should get to physical therapy. The tech I had put me on a bicycle and keeps moving me closer and closer to the front which made the bend even tighter. She then...
  4. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Thank you for praying for us Fla Granny. I appreciate your prayers!!!
  5. L

    TKR Surgery Aug 1 is over

    I had my surgery on 8/1 and was discharged on 8/3. I've been home recouping and have been working with home health a week later than discharge. I am so glad it is over and am praying for the ones still having surgery in August and September.
  6. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Thank you for your well wishes!! I hope things are non-eventful!! It has rolled around so fast!!
  7. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Thank you for adding me, my surgery is on 8/1 at 8:30 am.
  8. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I'd keep that on my agenda as it is a large motive to getting better. I have to set goals for myself.
  9. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I sure hope things go well for you. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who dislikes being put to sleep. I think we are in so much in control of what we do or how we live, it is hard to let someone else have control!! I sure hope you get to take that trip to Europe. You will be able to...
  10. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    I live such a busy life with still working fulltime, raising my children, running my home and enjoying our grandchildren. I cannot do anything like taking a walk or go to the grocery or even mop my floors. I only have so much walk in this leg and then it hurts so bad and feels so frazzled so I...
  11. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Countdown is coming faster and faster. Only 2 days to go. My surgery is Aug 1 and I'm more at peace with my surgery. My knee has been bringing more pain with every passing day even at night. I want to think I have a high tolerance for pain but we will see. My knee is collapsing so I will...
  12. L

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Ok July is speeding along and I attended my joint class yesterday. I learned a lot about how to walk heel to toe after my surgery which is Aug 1. I heard back on all my labs and my LEG and was told they were beautiful. I plan to tell the anesthesiologist that I am very anxious about this...
  13. L

    01 August 2016

    I take 4 naproxen per day (2 am and 2 nights) and Tylenol every 4-6 hours. My poor liver cannot keep doing this!!
Back
Top Bottom