Recent content by LimpFreeMe

  1. L

    THR IT Band Damage (a Mess)

    Yea for today's replacement hips. I am 55 and am so very glad I could have my left hip replaced. My hip was probably damaged when I was an early teen, and fell 15-20 feet, landing my left foot on a rock. Ankle was sprained, but didn't have a clue that I might have injured my hip. I will...
  2. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    Duffer71 Interesting how your injury manifested in HS, whereas my injury waited thirty five years to manifest, with a fiver year difference between injury dates. I start PT at a clinic today. After PT I want to stop by work for one to two hours, mostly just to make an appearance. After...
  3. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    That's great they can track patients through the NHS. Last I heard, in the US doctors only have to keep records for seven years after they move to a different doctor. I think you have to be very careful in the US to keep your records and track recalls, vaccination, and such yourself. I don't...
  4. L

    THR Ally on the Flip Side

    Allycat, What days are you going to be without visits? What type of tasks is your friend doing, that you can't do? One of the resident smart people on the forums might just figure out a way for you to do some tough tasks. Are you able to get out of your home and walk around your area...
  5. L

    Revision THR Peri prosthetic fracture - does it need surgery?

    I have enjoyed looking at your dad's and my x-rays. It's amazing seeing the hip before and after THR. I am a bit of a geek, so I have also enjoyed figuring out some of the software features (it says Stryker at the top.) I saw a small semicircle missing from top of the head on my good hip. I...
  6. L

    Revision THR Peri prosthetic fracture - does it need surgery?

    Alison, It's nice to see how much you care about your dad! :angel: Jeff
  7. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    Interesting. Is it likely that 5-25 years later, the registry can find someone even if they have moved? If so, is this possible due to your health insurance? Take care, Jeff
  8. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    Sorry you had the posterior approach. Prior to my two week doctor visit, I was very, very bored, and out of ice cream. Not much fun. How much are you sleeping? Are the pain meds helping you rest as well as keeping you pain free? Have you started PT yet? Recovery is boring, what are you doing...
  9. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    That's what I get when I rely on a single source from the internet. Foolish me. Thanks for letting me know. Wikipedia, if you want to trust it as a source, did say "The Australian Orthopaedic Association's 2008 National Joint Replacement Registry, a record of nearly every hip implanted in...
  10. L

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Reading isn't so bad, try surfing over go youtube.com and searching for total hip replacement. Not for the faint of heart, those who don't like seeing blood, muscle, bone being sawed, etc.. Jeff
  11. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    One other tidbit. I read something about people in the UK receive a list of all parts and the serial numbers of there implants. I haven't been given such information, however I suspect I can ask for it. Considering all the recall's going on, I think the US is behind the times in not requiring...
  12. L

    THR The Other Side...is so nice! Let The Fun begin!

    My surgery was 3/5. I had fantastic RN's, LPN's and aides taking care of me after my surgery. The staff was so kind, I felt like I was staying in a first class hotel. I noticed one shift the staff was very busy, but otherwise no problems. I think remembering please and thank you even when in a...
  13. L

    THR Surgery went well

    Weezi, are there any other options for transport to PT? What is the price of your husband running home to transport you, versus a taxi? Is Dial A Ride (ADA transport alternative to local bus) available in your area? How about a neighbor or do you have a baby sitter who can drive? Do you have...
  14. L

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Pic above is day two or three bandage change. Cell phone pic, sorry for the quality. No staples or sutures, Steri-Strips only (I don't think they used any glue.) Left anterior, day 12. Didn't have any staples or sutures (visible), Steri-Strip removed three hours ago. I can have a shower...
  15. L

    LTHR, Anterior

    T-12 days or so. Time until surgery is drawing near. Sometimes time is rushing by, and once in a while it's dragging. At work, the tasks remaining on the "To Do before surgery" list is slowly becoming fewer. And yet there are still items being added. Some of the projects appearing on the...
Back
Top Bottom