Recent content by lene'

  1. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    It irritates me, because I don't know why? I have not taken many long distance car rides( 6 or 7 hours) tops, When I do I have to take anti-inflammatories. And have to stop and get out and walk it off. But I am grateful the bone on bone pain is gone and I am living normally again...
  2. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    OMG, I just resurrected this thread from 3years ago so here is an update. 98% of my days I don't even think about my knees...just like the originals before the bone on bone...Except...riding in the car! Still the right knee gets stiff both riding and driving..forget the Surgeon he can not tell...
  3. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    Yes, it can be tender to press on it at times, also s you stated it is worse at night. The difference is though that if I am up and moving and physically working, it isn't as bad as when I have to sit at my desk for my job hours at a time. I just found out that I may be able to get my employer...
  4. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    Hello again, sistersinhim...Yes, when it is really bad I do elevate and ice. It is weird, I can bend and straighten just fine, but lifting the leg using my quad muscle makes my knee, right at the knee cap hurt. Almost like a pulling feeling on the knee cap.....ouch! Someone mentioned a...
  5. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    Hello again bonesmarties! It has been a long time since I posted. Things HAD been going along quite well, but now I have hit a bump in the road. For the past few months, I have been having pain and stiffness in my right knee. I have been back to my surgeon twice, xrays of both knees and knee...
  6. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    Hello bonesmarties....OMG I have been remiss in my updates so much I missed my 1 year anniversary!! All I can say is that I have been so busy healing and getting on with my life, I don't even think about my knees much AT ALL! I am now (or was till the weather turned bad) riding 6 -7 miles...
  7. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    Hello Bonesmarties!!! my 10.5 month update is even better than my 8.5 month update. My knee's are feeling GREAT! I don't even think of them most of the time...I only have discomfort when I do too much and mostly that is from the muscles not the replacements. Once in a while a little tweek...
  8. lene'

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Hi Jen, I too have been away from posting...I am so happy to hear you ar eback to "Real" Life again!!! You will continue to get stronger and stronger and keeping busy sure does help! We have had one picnic this year at Robert Treman Park just north of ithaca on the east side of Cayuga Lake...
  9. lene'

    Bilat - second thoughts?

    I had a CPM machine the first 24 hours after my surgery....I HATED it!!! It felt like a torture device! I was nearly in tears toward the end...they would put it on for 2 hours and off for 2 hours. In hindsight, it seems stupid to have to use one right out of surgery! That is when everything...
  10. lene'

    Bilateral TKR 7 Months since BTKR

    Hello DavidNC, I too had bilateral TKR last October...best decision I have made although I also did not think so the first month or two. Sounds like you are doing well, do not overdo!! You will heal up just fine in your own time. Have you tried getting an ice machine? I was able to score two...
  11. lene'

    Bilat - second thoughts?

    @nensi, You can do this...! Will it be hard? Yes, the first two weeks are tough!! Will it be worth it? Absolutely! I just posted my 8.5 month update on the recovery forum. I am so glad at this point I did both at once and I now have my life almost back to normal....! My OS did not want to...
  12. lene'

    Bilateral TKR Lene' two new knees

    Hello fellow Bonesmarties, I am back for my 8.5 month update.... Everything has been going very well with the knees. I am walking up to 10-11,000 steps on the weekends, less during the week because I have an office job, but not bad about 7,000 steps average on a work day. I have also started...
  13. lene'

    Bilateral TKR 15month update....finally normal

    @wanttohike, sounds like you are doing well, you are two week behind me, and I congratulate you on your acheivements, it is great to be relatively "normal" again... Good Job!
  14. lene'

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Jen, so glad to see that things are finally healing up for you. I can actually look at your picture now and not be so squeamish...LOL. This recovery takes a LOT of time and you most certainly have had major set backs. I can honestly say I did not get my energy back until easily 5 months...and...
  15. lene'

    CPM

    I am a CPM HATER CPM=Torture Device.... My surgeon insisted on one for the first 24 hours in the hospital after my bilateral! 2 hours on, 2 hours off.... I cried and begged the nurse not to have to use it.. After 24 hours, I made them take it OUT of the room. Now maybe it wouldn't have been...
Back
Top Bottom