Recent content by LeeMarie

  1. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    They argued that what they were giving me was more effective. Despite my telling the nurse that I found the Norco to be minimally effective and the oxycodone better, they reduced the amount of oxy by 2/3 and gave me the same amount of Vicodin. I am supremely frustrated because they eliminated...
  2. LeeMarie

    Meds for physical therapy pain

    You are not alone when it comes to pain. As for being weepy, I think we all have our moments. Constant pain, stress, and severe lack of sleep can surely depress the best of us. Please call your surgeon's office and let them know that you need a refill. You really aren't expected to make your...
  3. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    Well, I wish that we had something more pleasant in common, but it is nice to have someone on the exact same time line. I put my scar pic up in the scar thread. Check out my calf, and that was just when the problem was beginning. I totally empathise with that pain and discomfort! What is a...
  4. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    @Josephine Thank you for your advice. I looked up Tramadol and see that it is in the same class as oxycodone. If they are hesitant to give me refills of oxy, would they have the same problem with Tramadol, or is it less potent? This whole med thing has me so vexed. I appreciate any advice...
  5. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    Hi all. Unlike most of you, I find it hard to read or post much. I never know what to say to people. Things are moving along. I have managed extension to zero and flexion to 123 degrees, so I guess I have little that I should complain about but I feel like I have to battle or beg for pain...
  6. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    @kneeper @alexthe I don't understand your posts. What the heck?
  7. LeeMarie

    TKR I am post-op phase and doing well

    I don't think that anyone is expected to peak at 4 weeks post surgery. Once the swelling goes down, I'll bet that you continue to improve. My pre-surgery ROM was 135, but it's only 115 at 3 weeks. It seems unrealistic to expect your poor knee to be at its best just yet. It has been through...
  8. LeeMarie

    Revision TKR Two knee replacements - total disaster

    I will keep you and your mum in my thoughts. I hope that this doctor gives her the care she needs.
  9. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    @MotownGirl66 Well, I went for a shiatsu massage today, and it really helped with the pulling in the calf muscle and the inner thigh. What a relief! It was also the first time I drove myself anywhere in 3 weeks. I highly recommend massage for taught, painful muscles. Where did the past 3...
  10. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    @Nana Mo @icep707 @kneeper @tiredwife @MotownGirl66 Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've had a couple of painful days and just needed to ice, rest, massage and forget about other things. The blood pooling has finally reabsorbed for the most part, and I am feeling better. Tomorrow I have an...
  11. LeeMarie

    TKR ROUND 2: MotownGirl made it to the other side

    Hi Conformis twin. Glad to hear that you are losing some of that swelling. Despite all these twinges and pains, I am so glad that I opted for this knee. At two weeks, I am at 90 degrees and 2 degrees. I hope to be where you are at week 6. What kind of calf pain? I get a pull in my calf...
  12. LeeMarie

    TKR Lee Marie's Journey

    @Yorkimom Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. It sure sounds like we had the same problem with blood pooling. I had it all over, and it really was agony at times. i put up a pic of my scar on this site, and if you look at my calf, you can see how bad it was there alone. Thankfully this...
  13. LeeMarie

    TKR Done and Dusted

    Maeve, I'll bet you bounce back in no time. Sorry you had to go through that.
  14. LeeMarie

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora It was so nice to read your positive and happy recount of where you are in your healing process. It put a smile on my face. Best to you for continued happiness and advancement in you healing.
Back
Top Bottom