Recent content by lalo

  1. lalo

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dhs hip screw and AVN

    Haven't been on the site in years but saw your thread and could not pass it up. I broke my femoral head in a bicycle accident and had it pinned (ORIF). It happened in Feb 2915. It started healing OK but by June of same year the femoral head was collapsing and I had a THR. I agree with a...
  2. lalo

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    @zippa1913 I was waiting to see if you started your own thread but since you have not, I wanted to contact you. I broke my hip in a bicycle accident almost 4 years ago. The fracture was deemed as not displaced and they tried pinning it. It did not work out and ended up with a replacement...
  3. lalo

    TKR New left knee

    Long time no see! I seldom go on this site anymore but I got an e-mail today and wanted to see if my age is updated on my profile and saw your name and last post. So I just reviewed your knee replacement recovery thread and saw that you went thru another difficult operation: sounds like you...
  4. lalo

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    My wife has a sister that had a successful hip pinning and I have 2 friends from work who have family members who also had successful pinning ops.
  5. lalo

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    My pinning was performed on Feb 11. 2015. I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks, which takes me to end of March. During that time I had several x rays taken. The results showed that the bones were healing. The Dr referred to it as "knitting"; it showed "white" on the X rays. I started physical...
  6. lalo

    THR Buttock pain 3 months post op<

    I used this cushion for driving. There are several brands so the make doesn't matter. With this style I found that the key is to inflate it just enough to keep you bottom from making hard contact. If you overinflated the cushion it will rock and drive you crazy. By the way I have screws...
  7. lalo

    THR Buttock pain 3 months post op<

    After trying almost every cushion that Amazon sells I settled on 2 different styles. Here is the one I used for my chair at work, which has a fairly hard bottom. I'll send the other in another post.
  8. lalo

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning 3 weeks after pinning and I'm scared

    I'm sorry about your accident. I was in a bike accident two and half years ago and broke my hip. My orthopedic Dr had recently retired and the on call Dr decided to try pinning rather than a replacement. My pinning was not successful. I was on non weight bearing for 6 weeks. After that I...
  9. lalo

    THR Buttock pain 3 months post op<

    Just read your whole thread and it sounded all too familiar. I had my hip replaced a little over 2 years ago. The replacement followed a "pining" that did not work. I broke my hip as a result of bike accident. I had an anterior approach. I had the same butt pain you describe perhaps not as...
  10. lalo

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    It's been over a year since I have been on the site and see that you went in for no 2. It looks like you are doing well. I'm happy for you. Gosh how quickly we forget; reading the posts brings all the memories back. Congrats on being a great grandpa. On the pain while sitting; I have a...
  11. lalo

    THR I made it, barely

    So glad you are doing good. I followed all you posts during my recovery. It's nice to hear from other folks who were going through this at the same time. Wishing you the best.
  12. lalo

    THR Left 2013 - Now the right

    Your still an inspiration! Nice to hear from you although I would have rather had a different reason. I haven't been on the site in quite a while but I will keeping up with your postings. Wishing you the best.
  13. lalo

    Bilateral THR Tony2hips Recovery

    I'm sorry for what you have been through and the less than successful outcome. I had my hip replaced 4 months after a failed attempt to pin it with screws. It's no where as bad as what you have gone through but I can relate to the frustration. I can tell you that the recovery process is hard...
  14. lalo

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Hi Laura, just read your thread and wanted to offer what little encouragement I can. Everyone gets impatient and at times depressed during the recovery but you too will get through it. if you try to hurry the recovery you will most likely go backwards and it will take longer as well as adding...
  15. lalo

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    @Constanze On the whole I'm doing pretty good. My walking is very good . The only thing is that I still have a lingering touch of sciatic nerve pain. It was there after the 1st surgery when they tried to pin the bones after the accident. I still go to water exercises 3 times a week and hope to...
Back
Top Bottom