Recent content by Lady mudbug

  1. Lady mudbug

    2019 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    My name is mudbug not mudbut on the Feb list
  2. Lady mudbug

    2019 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Finally scheduled hip #2 for Feb 25, 2019. My First time around with my first THR 2 yrs ago I found this site to be so informative and comforting it should be a requirement !
  3. Lady mudbug

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    Hello @AndyH99 , sorry about your mom it's sad to lose a family member. Good to hear your getting out and about and having a little normalicy in your day. I too am weaning myself off of tramadel I've been on it for 2 years prior to surgery now I have to pay the piper! I'm down to 25 mg / day and...
  4. Lady mudbug

    THR Mudbug's rehab

    @Nana757 thanks , I do really feel blessed in that I had no problems or BIG pain levels .It is still exhausting WORK just trying to walk normal and I know it just takes time but I'm so excited about being able to walk without pain!!! My other hip looks the same ( deteriated )on The X-rays prior...
  5. Lady mudbug

    THR Mudbug's rehab

    Went for my 7 week Dr appointment and everything looks great!!!! I've seen the most improvement in the last week and a half . I haven't been using a cane while I'm in my home and on short walks, but I use it if I'm walking a good distance. I've gone from walking like a penguin to just a slight...
  6. Lady mudbug

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hi @DeepBreath , glad to hear your on the mend and hopefully will be able to go home soon.
  7. Lady mudbug

    THR First post from a 40 year old after THR

    @MikeLy , hi had my right hip replaced August 10 and at 3-4 wks out I was able to get on my stationary bike for 30 min a day .My Dr has told me " I know your anxious to get back riding and physically you can but that doesn't mean YOU SHOULD " in other words I'm to protect this new hip and all...
  8. Lady mudbug

    Still In The Pre Op Area

    So sorry your day was cancelled , hopefully they will call you to let you know your "parts " are in and your good to go? That's just crazy but I wonder how many dr's would of made due. Your Dr is wonderful and obviously cares for his patients , lucky you! Hope the week goes by fast and pain free...
  9. Lady mudbug

    LTHR scheduled for 10:15 a.m. tomorrow

    @Doodles51 , this was my first spinal and was hesitant about it but if I have to do it again I would defiantly do it! My dr said there might be a issue due to scare tissue from lower spinal surgery in that area but he said he worked around it. I felt nothing going in and wasn't numb too long (...
  10. Lady mudbug

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    So glad it's finally happened for you , day 1 piece of cake. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  11. Lady mudbug

    THR Walking with a limp

    @TnGal61 , we have the same surgery date ! Mine was RTHR posterior . Over the past several weeks I've been able to get rid of all my "tools" except the cane. I find in the morning I'm walking around " no limp" without my cane . But as the day progresses so does my limp. There's no pain just...
  12. Lady mudbug

    THR Mudbug's rehab

    5 weeks out from surgery today ! I feel I've accomplished a lot in week 4-5 . Haven't had the need to ice lately ,I started driving , no issues. I spent the weekend out of town in a camper ,thought I'd have a too low of a toilet issue so I planned ahead , but didn't have any issues using...
  13. Lady mudbug

    THR Mudbug's rehab

    @Hip Hip Hooray! I can't wait till I can get on my road bike , but it will be a while so I'm contented with riding inside.the past 5 years riding a bike was the only exercise that didn't hurt my hip till 6 months ago then it got so bad getting on and off or climbing hills sooo, that became a big...
  14. Lady mudbug

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    You should have extra time off since you had the double . Should be double the time.
  15. Lady mudbug

    THR Mudbug's rehab

    Thanks, Andy !
Back
Top Bottom