Recent content by kimejen

  1. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hi Heidi @Baystater - So good to hear from you again. Happy 1st leg kneeversary for tomorrow (29th). Glad to hear your knees are doing well, except for that bit of scar tissue giving you a little bit of a pronlem. It might sort itself out when you start getting in and out of the kyak in the...
  2. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hi Lee @eaglesnest and @gami . So good to hear from my fellow Aussies. Lee I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Having a BTKR would be difficult. I struggled with my one knee, so I can imagine the journey you had. Hubby and I went back to Tassie in October, to visit Port Arthur which we...
  3. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hello my Bonesmart friends. 1 Year Kneeversary today. Amazing to think what was going on a year ago today. I am extremely happy with my knee. To take a step without pain is a wonderful thing. I have a clunk in my knee which I am learning to live with. I don't seem to notice it so much these...
  4. kimejen

    OUR SUPER DOOPER MODERATORS

    It's my 1st Knee Anniversary today and I've just popped in and saw this thread. Absolutely agree with all the posts. The Moderators are a wonderful group of people and I can't thank them enough for the up-to-date information that is provided. It brings peace of mind during times the brain...
  5. kimejen

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Hi @Toothfairy Sorry I'm a bit late posting a Happy 1st year Knee Anniversary. I can't believe how much has happened in your life this past year. It has been an incredible journey, and you have done amazingly well, right from day one with your first knee. I so enjoyed my journey with you and...
  6. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hi Heidi @Baystater and @Toothfairy - my goodness where has the time gone? Firstly let me wish you and all my Bonesmart friends a Happy New Year and may you all be blessed with a wonderful 2014 with your lovely new knees. When I think back to this time last year I was in a lot of pain with my...
  7. kimejen

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Hi Heidi Baystater - You have made my day. Thank you for posting that picture , it is absolutely breathtaking, What a beautiful way to start the day. I am all excited now that you've heard there's been snow in Paris. I really hope we see some. I was looking at various sites on Paris and...
  8. kimejen

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Hi Heidi, So lovely to hear how well you're doing. It's amazing how "life goes on" with our new knees. We think at the time we're never going to get there, but we do. Your life sounds very full at the moment. The open house sounds like fun - hard work so soon after your op, but good that...
  9. kimejen

    Don't have the green arrow to restore

    Thank you Jamie. Not a problem thanks for letting me know. Jenny :)
  10. kimejen

    Don't have the green arrow to restore

    In the past I have had the green arrow and have been able to retrieve an auto-saved post, but I don't seem to have it anymore. I know once you log out your post is gone, but I have lost long posts a few times in the last few weeks, but don't seem to have the green arrow on my toolbar to...
  11. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hi Toothfairy - you know I was thinking about the treatment at the airports and you know, I think there are soooo many of us with a knee replacement now they treat us with disdain. That's the only thing I can think. But surely when you say "knee replacement" they wouldn't keep marching you back...
  12. kimejen

    TKR Brand New Day!

    Hi Heidi, Good to hear you're doing well with your second knee. Have you downloaded any games onto your ipad/tablet etc. I downloaded a few games for our travels soon, got a few hours sitting at airports etc along the way. I like the word games. Spelltower has got me hooked. I bought that...
  13. kimejen

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Hi Toothfairy. So good to see how well you're recovering and that your 2 new knees are working as a team. Hard to believe you're almost ready to go back to work again. I hope your working environment is a bit better when you get back. Hopefully there will be a bit of Christmas spirit lurking...
  14. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hello to all. Well I thought I'd post on my first experience flying domestic service to Tasmania over the weekend. I went through security and had the scanner beep. I informed the officer of my knee replacement. It didn't seem to make any difference to him. Abruptly he told me to go back...
  15. kimejen

    TKR New Knee for Me

    Hi Heidi Baystater - good to hear from you. We do have a home shopping channel on tv but it's not very good, so not much help to me at all. I put out a wish list to the family for Christmas and they each jot down things they would like to receive. It is passed around amongst each other and...
Back
Top Bottom