Recent content by KiKi60

  1. KiKi60

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    Hey, Mojo, I just noticed this post! Yes, husband is going in tomorrow for his new hip, and we have been reviewing and talking about pain mgmt, etc. He's had to stop his Meloxicam of course, so by now he quite uncomfortable and can't wait to get this over with and get to the other side! I am...
  2. KiKi60

    THR Horse riding after THR

    I am approaching my one year anniversary, and have gone back to riding my mare. Flatwork/trail riding only, as you said, but due to her arthritis my mare does not jump anymore, and I never cared that much about jumping anyway, so I don't feel restricted by that. I have had a couple issues...
  3. KiKi60

    Sequin98's Pre-op Journey

    Yes! I will be at the 6 month mark in a few days. The post-op narcotics made me nauseous; that was the worst part. I tapered off them according to my surgeon's suggestion, and surprised him by telling him I was already off the Percocet at my first (4 week) post-op visit. Since then I've...
  4. KiKi60

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    Hello Bonesmarties! I logged on tonight and saw I have not updated in nearly 2 months! So here goes: I went back to work on Sept. 18th, after 10 weeks off, and despite thinking since I'd spent so much time on here, that I was a big smarty pants and knew just everything about how to recover...
  5. KiKi60

    THR It feels like such slow progress

    I was discharged from outpatient PT after 4 visits. He gave me 3 exercises, 1 of which I never did because it hurt my knees--told him that and he removed it, no question. He seemed mainly focused on determining whether I was starting to get the strength back in my op leg. I showed improvement...
  6. KiKi60

    THR First major surgery

    Welcome Brianon, I'm in the US, so it could be different, but will your surgeon be involved in the decision on the length of your time off? Here in California anyway, the physician writes an off work order for an expected amount of time a person usually needs to recover from a certain...
  7. KiKi60

    THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

    @zauberflöte I hope you were able to get your bed situated to your body's liking. My husband has a significant lumbar scoliosis, and has the worst time getting comfortable in bed. We have pillows, mattress toppers, have bought $$ mattresses, only to get a different one in a year because that...
  8. KiKi60

    THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

    Your info is that same as I was told re: the posterior approach; a couple of muscles are "freed from the bone", according to the phrasing in my own operation report. I also asked a PA about it, and he confirmed, too. I've had some pain in the outside of my hip, which sure feels to me as though...
  9. KiKi60

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    Between my soft bones and too stretchy muscles, maybe I should change my profile pic to Elastigirl, from the movie, "The Incredibles"!
  10. KiKi60

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    Yes, GrannyC it is going quite well, and I have had much less pain than so many BS folks seem to have through my entire experience, I just can't complain or feel sorry for myself at all. I think I was just surprised at the differences between physical therapy's expectations and the surgeon's...
  11. KiKi60

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    @Mojo333 you're right; I do not want to jeopardize my recovery, so I will continue to follow the precautions as he asked; it was just a surprise, and frustrating since I though I was almost done with all that. I know he is just being extra conscientious; he also ordered a dexascan for me...
  12. KiKi60

    KiKi60's Recovery Thread

    I had my first post-op visit yesterday, and it was mostly positive. I told my OS I thought I was doing well, and progressing with no complaints. That day was my 32nd post op day, and the middle of the prior week I completed tapering off the Percocet and have not had to use it since, although...
  13. KiKi60

    THR Zauberflote #2 on other side!!

    Yes, careful, Z, that this is not the beginnings of an anaphylactic reaction. As a peanut allergy person, I've had one: it can progress very quickly. No more til you discuss with your doc, please. Sent from my iPad
  14. KiKi60

    August surgery date

    Hi, lyrock, I had my THR on July 3rd. I had never had *any* type of surgery before at all, so I gave myself a fine anxiety attack which lasted most of the 6 months I was on the waiting list for the surgery! My blood pressure increased drastically, I really made myself nuts. The actual...
  15. KiKi60

    Right hip bone-on-bone but join pain in several other areas...

    My hip was more stiff than painful, but I did have serious referred pain down the side of my left thigh into my knee; it was worse than the hip. The OS did say my hip was "severely arthritic" and there was no doubt it needed to be replaced, but the terrible pain was actually in my thigh and...
Back
Top Bottom