Recent content by Kelpie

  1. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie’s Second New Knee

    Thanks for the advice Layla. It’s still reassuring to hear all this even though I’ve done it before. I ditched the cane quite early on and you’re right, it would make sense to use it. I’ve no shame in that but the main reason is that I lead my dogs on the left side and it gets in the way...
  2. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie’s Second New Knee

    Hi Layla I’m good thanks .. three steps forward and one back, but we all know how easy it is to slip back into the ODIC at this stage. It’ll be 3 months next week and life is slowly getting back to normal. I’m impatient and getting bored so have to be careful! I spent a few very rough...
  3. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie’s Second New Knee

    I’m doing ok, thank you. I’m teetering on the edge of the ODIC because the sun came out for the first time in weeks this week. Having had a set back after doing what I thought was a reasonably short walk a couple of weeks ago, I lost confidence and hunkered down a bit. But this week I’ve...
  4. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie's First New Knee

    Hi, I started a new thread for my second TKR.
  5. Kelpie

    TKR Getting ready for Right Knee Replacement March 10, 2026

    I was incredibly anxious with my first surgery 10 years ago. This time, I was cool as a cucumber until the very last minute as I was going into theatre when I had a bit of a wobble. They knocked me out before it became a problem. Although it’s still tough, and I do have bad days, I’m finding...
  6. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie’s Second New Knee

    The tears often come from nowhere and there’s no stopping them. I usually feel better afterwards though. PT appointment this morning went well and I coped with the short car journey and being out and about, really well. I’m on ice again now as I’ve done very little in the past 4 weeks so it...
  7. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie’s Second New Knee

    Thank you everyone. I won’t pretend it’s all been plain sailing, it hasn’t. It does help to know that it really does get better though. That hasn’t stopped the tears and frustration but I think we all need to allow ourselves to feel those emotions and accept that it’s tough. I, for one, am...
  8. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie’s Second New Knee

    Hi all. I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now with the intention of starting a new thread but post-op fatigue has gotten the better of me. I’m on day 29 and feeling the familiar 2 steps forward and 1 step back, but with this being my 2nd knee, it’s not so disconcerting. I’ve been here before...
  9. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie's First New Knee

    Thank you all I shall start a new thread tomorrow perhaps. I’ve had a day on my own today as hubby attended a friend’s funeral. We have 4 little sausage dogs (aka trip hazards) including a 3 1/2 month old puppy, so it’s been a bit of a challenge! Currently resting with my feet up, with my 10...
  10. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie's First New Knee

    Hi all Well it’s been a whole decade since my first TKR and nearly as long since I posted on here. So much has happened in those years that I’ve forgotten so much. I’ve just had my second TKR and reading back through this thread has been so helpful. I can’t remember when I stopped living...
  11. Kelpie

    TKR Kelpie's First New Knee

    Apologies for disappearing. I felt I needed to move away from the forum and continue my recovery in my own time and space. I just wanted to conclude my thread with a positive update to anyone who might be reading it. I'm nearly 8 months post op. I've just returned with my husband from a 1600...
  12. Kelpie

    Knee Infection* Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<

    I'm sure you have many things to be thankful for. When times are tough it's sometimes hard to see that but I find its important to try and count my blessings every single day
  13. Kelpie

    THR Day 5 post op hip replacement

    Oh dear! Sending you a great big hug in the hope it makes you feel better. These set backs are horrible and make us feel like we'll never "get there"! Try and be of good cheer though. This is only a temporary situation and you most certainly will get better. I cried daily, several times a...
  14. Kelpie

    Knee Infection* Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<

    @Madbkseller , I can't advise on your problems but I can relate to your "pain when taking a deep breath" issue, but to a much lesser degree. I had hand surgery in 2009 after badly breaking a metacarpal and dislocating The rest in a motorcycle accident, requiring wiring bones in place and...
  15. Kelpie

    TKR Sleepilu in recovery

    Thinking of you Sleepilu. This must seem like an impossibly difficult time. Things will get better.
Back
Top Bottom