Guest viewing is limited

THR Day 5 post op hip replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think you're doing really well. :egypdance: Back sleeping will be a real nuisance I'm sure for me - but I'm picking up on here that we need to maximise on daytime napping as we'll not get prolonged sleep if we can't lie in our favourite position. How are your bowels?! We like to get down and dirty on this site. :oyvey: Glad the pain is manageable and I guess keeping occupied will pass the time and keep your mind on other things. Best line up some books/films activities for next week to pass the time. Bothered that you think you'll be able to defuzz those legs - surely that will break the 90 degree rule (or are you a contortionist?) I've discovered that you cannot have legs waxed more than a week before surgery, so will program that in accordingly - then pray the little blighters don't grow too fast. Not sure I'd trust hubby with a cut throat down there - especially when I'm being extra postOp crabby! :tantrum2: Have fun sky trail climbing :climb: Really impressed with your progress :yay: Keep on tapping - love to hear from you :wave:
 
Great update @Sb7767 glad things a looking more positive for you. I couldn't manage my hairy legs and had to get my husband to shave them for me. An interesting experience to say the least!!! Yesterday I drove myself to local nail bar and had manicure and pedicure. Absolute heaven. My poor toenails were looking pretty shabby.
 
I laughed about the legs! I have not been able to shave in about six months....look rather like a yeti! Oh well! Grin. Next hip is end of May so going to have to figure something out before shorts season! Don't want to scare people. He he


RTHR 1/15/2016. Posterior approach. Due to AVN. LTHR in my future.
 
Not too sure f this is or isn't a problem but my knee feels painful on the operated leg, like ts twisted??? My butt cheek operated side is getting more sore by the day.......healing process I've assumed has anyone else experienced similar symptoms..........#painintheass
 
@Miss Muffet...........I was planning on de-fuzzing just by bending my knee but thinking about it now it's just the one good leg ......darn lol
Bowels wow where to start.........from the operation 3rd day I got diarrhoea from medication diclafenac, this lets just say 'kept me busy', not so good with fainting fits I can tell you but the camode with a curtain separating you and the next patient complete with sound effects virtually killed me, so I made 'the purple door' the loo my bed was close but wasn't leaving it to chance if you get my meaning!!!!!
Back home I've not taken so many diclafenac and managed with other melds that didn't 'hold up' the process, for the first 2-3 days it continued but after that normal service resumed but I do eat loads of fruit and drink orange & grapefruit juice too when taking pain relief so didn't need the Senna they gave me but it was funny given my dodgy tummy at the time!!!!!!!!!
Post op crabby that's purely exceptable in my book of 'hippie-chicks' bible of moods
Keeping it real for the sisterhood lol :dubious::dubious:
 
my knee feels painful on the operated leg, like ts twisted??? My butt cheek operated side is getting more sore by the day.......healing process I've assumed has anyone else experienced similar symptoms
I had the knee pain post RTHR. I had someone look at my gait and I am actually twisting that leg slightly when I walk. This can take awhile to ease as muscles atrophy pre-op.

One question, have you purchased new shoes or are you still wearing shoes you wore pre-op? Wearing shoe with a pre-op wearing pattern can cause all kinds of aches and pains as your body adjusts to the new way you are carrying yourself. In any case, it's a great excuse to go shoe shopping!
 
@Sb7767 yes I experienced pain in knee and butt muscle on operated side. I put it down to biomechanics as surgeon said my foot is now pointed in the right direction. I was initially quite worried as I thought something was wrong with my knee but it has improved considerably. I still have an ache in my glut especially if I do too much. I'm finding that my hamstring on operated side is still quite tight as I don't have the full ROM on operated side yet but it does continue to improve.
 
So day 10. A whirl wind of emotions I've just read my first post a mere 5 days ago.......that was a bad day, and yes the days following were but each day got easier bringing us to date......had the sutures out (wasn't relishing the idea ), but the can't stay in and quite easy really slight stinging sensation job done, keeping it real my bench mark was day one, so refuse to make something but of it that it's not I've been out in the car for walks in the fresh air starting in a wheelchair initially and today crutches yo sherwood pines Not miles more metres but exercise is exercise not going to sit on my bum when I can try that's for sure....wrapped up warm hobbled from the car to the cafe watched the boys play on the adventure park in the winter sun fresh air at its best.3hrs back home, including 30 mins each way travelling lol yes it's tiring, yes it was aching but sitting in watching tv nope that's not me.....I've got to have fresh air it's the best medicine. We can't sit at home and be in pain do I've took the initiative to take my pain with me....Try it if it's bad come home it's simple
I can't tell you how much a difference it makes if you can hobble round the house a park is just as easy.
I'm 10 days post op and from day 6/7 went somewhere via the car just for a change of scenery as my Physio and surgeon said "sitting down or in bed isn't going yo heal you' everything in moderation 'you will know when it's time to come back' so although I'm only a newbie to this try it even for an hour
Much love hippie chicks and hippie dudes let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get up & go small tiny steps of recovery is the key for me do far.
 
Saw this and it did make me giggle
I didn't wear 'heals before my replacement' these are 'killers'
 
I experienced knee and butt pain as well. The knee pain was from all the compensating I did before and immediately following surgery and the contortions they put my leg in during surgery. They both will ease up eventually and finally disappear. Happy recovery day to you!
 
Nearly 3 weeks post-op and all was going so well ......hobbling around nicely, reduced pain relief, sutures gone, no hairy legs .........THEN..... Fell on the second to last step coming down stairs managed to keep standing but massive jolt and waves of nausea....rang hospital who suggested x-ray all fine no problems but a very unhappy consultant who suggested I be more careful!!!!
Yesterday woke up felt so poorly ached all over, nauseous, headache, temperature, General felt like a bag off spanners ready to call my maker...Husband called GP who came out no DVT but a nasty virus Grrrrrrrr.....sat sobbing I'm that fed up for god sake done so well for 3 weeks now at in bed :eeeuw::elevate:
 
Oh no! Quite right to have wee person - it must be so frustrating! Get well soon.
 
Oh dear! Sending you a great big hug in the hope it makes you feel better. These set backs are horrible and make us feel like we'll never "get there"!

Try and be of good cheer though. This is only a temporary situation and you most certainly will get better.

I cried daily, several times a day, for weeks after my TKR. Be kind to yourself. You're allowed to cry.
 
What a bummer! This journey can get crazy! "Two steps forward and one step back" is a quote I've read on many members posts. Hope you get over that nasty virus ASAP! Sending prayers your way.
 
@Sb7767 So sorry you have suffered a set back. A fall and a virus - double whammy! We have all been in this space in varying degrees. All I can say is you will recover and get back on track. Hang in there!

BTW I merged your second thread into your recovery thread. We like members to keep all their recovery information in one thread so we can have a history in one place to better advise you.
 
@Jaycey thanks for the merge, moan over this girly has got to get her shake back on, feeling brighter today must have been 'the merger' lol you have healing powers :angel:
 
Glad you are feeling better today! How are you feeling from the fall. The jolt from a fall can cause all kinds of aches and pains for days after the event. Take things easy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom