Guest viewing is limited

TKR Sleepilu in recovery

@sleepilu, I just read on someone else's thread about your marriage. I am very sorry. This surgery is physically and emotionally taxing. I do not know you or your personal situation, although I do know how much stress we go through during TKR. I pray that you and your husband can have clear vision and can remember the good times of your marriage through this time. I hope this day finds you at peace.
 
@ Sleepily, So sorry to read about your separation. I also read about it on another thread, I posted there by mistake instead of here. I hope you'll be okay, please make sure to take care of yourself. I have been married to my current husband for 30 years, he's a good man. However,I was married before and know how it feels when someone leaves when you need them the most! Your surgery was a week ahead of mine. Hoping we've gotten thru the worst of this at this point. Know that we will all be here for you
 
@sleepilu, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's lack of support for you when you needed him the most. If you have faith, you know you can lean on God. If not, you have friends and all of us here to be praying for and listening to you! Don't hold it in, talk to us. We want to help you.
 
I'm sorry to hear about your separation. Make sure you still take care of you. I went through a divorce after 23 years also while I was in need of help from my husband. You can get through. Hopefully you will be able to find the best path for your future. You've got a lot of friends here who are pulling for you.
 
Thinking of you Sleepilu. This must seem like an impossibly difficult time. Things will get better.
 
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
Our 21 year old son is back from Uni for a few days and so we have had the opportunity to tell him. I think that was almost as hard as the tkr! Life can be very hard sometimes and we need to be able to rely on our family and friends for support. As always, the difficult times show you who your true friends are ....

So I'm 3 months out and my recovery feels to be sliding backwards. Trying to put emotional stress as a contributing factor to one side, I have been reading back posts on here today to look at how other people were coping at 3 months out. There is reassurance as ever.

My "double clunk clonk" persists with every step and my knee feels tighter and more swollen. My entire knee still feels bruised to touch. I keep getting twangs behind my knee when I stand from sitting.
Yesterday I drove (clutch/stick shift) for 20 mins, walked gingerly around the supermarket for an hour and drove home. The aching and exhaustion was bad enough for me to stagger in, elevate and ice and hardly move for hours!
I know you will all be saying it takes a year etc etc but I'm soooo fed up that recovery seems to be going backwards.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles sleepilu, I know it's so hard I too have been through the same situation, but not at the same time as recovering g from TKR so that must be even harder to cope with. You are not alone with the thinking that you are going backwards, this roller coaster ride is not good for the emotions. I am at nearly 4 months out & suffering the clonking & tightness. My flexion has gone back to 85 - 90, I went to the gym this morning & can't get a turn on the bike...it's so frustrating. I think we just have to keep positive with this recovery, expect to go back & forwards alittle. I have again read my post from day one & I can see that I have improved over the last 15 weeks & that gives me the strength to keep going with the little pushes I give myself. I hope this helps to hear that you are not the only one with this set back.
 
Hi Sleepilu, Funny thing I've noticed my LTKR , done a year ago has been clicking sometimes when I walk lately. As long as it doesn't hurt I'm not going to worry about it. Have gone to 2 funeral services in the last 3 days, one was a friend's son, the other a family member. Also had to work for s few hours on Thursday. Between the work and sitting at services my new knee hasn't gotten all the attention it demands. I'm on the sofa with my cryo-cuff now trying to get it to calm down again. It is tough after 3 months to realize we still need to go slow.
 
Good to hear I am not alone. And as always thank you for sharing. It's a useful diary space here isn't it @suemegane ? x
I did almost have a fall earlier this week, I slipped on wet moss and still have no idea how I didn't hit the deck. I sort of pirouetted and ended up in a sumo stance! I felt something rip up the back and top of my knee. The bruises can probably be attributed to that but the clonking goes back way before then. (We know, I hear you moan!)
I could cope with a click (I think), I wish I could record the sound of my clunking & put it on here! You can hear it from the other side of the room, truly horrid.
 
I think today probably entitles me to join ODIC!
My husband moved out this morning, I am left with a lot of empty shelves and marks on the carpet and walls where furniture and pictures used to be. But I have no energy to start putting things straight because I went back to work this afternoon!

Mad day!! So lying here at midnight, took a cocodomol and a paracetomol an hour ago but the aches and pains are raging.

But I've survived the day with very few tears and it was fantastic to get back to treating my patients!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Now your healing can begin on an emotional level too. You are in my prayers for a restful and painfree night.
 
Happy work went well--don't over do it! This might a difficult transition so working is good. It took me a little bit to get used to a "quiet" house because I had never really been alone before. I created the "girlie" bedroom I always wanted:)
 
Thinking of you! Please be kind to yourself and to your knee...I hope things start to get better for you soon. :SUNsmile:
 
@sleepilu now you can watch what you want on TV, eat when and what you want to and not even get dressed if you don't want to! Concentrate on yourself and your healing. Your body needs you to.
 
Oh my goodness.
Just 2 days back at work and last night the pain and swelling in my whole leg was so bad that I needed to use my walker to help me get to the bathroom at 3am!!
Even my foot looks bruised again, like it did when it bled out the day after surgery.
Thankfully, the joy of self employment I have a very light day today and it's snowing so I will be icing, elevating, watching Netflix and feeling sorry for myself today!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You poor thing, l can really empathise with you. You're doing the correct things by icing, elevating and l hope resting! Hope you're not going to work today as your knee needs time to settle. If you can take painkillers then you should take some.
No snow here in Wiltshire at the moment thankfully. Take care and keep warm. xxx
 
Rest up & be good to yourself, you're going through a lot. Hope the pain & swelling goes away soon.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom