Recent content by Keen Skier

  1. Keen Skier

    TKR Papas new knee<

    So, my advice to you , having had BTKR 26/4, would be NOT to commit to any return to work date until at least 4 weeks after your 2nd knee is done. I am booked to return Aug 1 (14 weeks post op) to about 80% of my normal workload. When I arranged that I thought...Great! 9 weeks to recover, 4+...
  2. Keen Skier

    How did you guys ice?

    As mentioned above I have a DONJOY Iceman. Main complaint....its noisy. Best feature....large reservoir means infrequent refills and easily accepts water bottles. Also has temp adjustment. Easy to turn on/off. Like any other appliance, lifespan is directly proportional to TLC. A little bit...
  3. Keen Skier

    How did you guys ice?

    PS: Mine also has a car plug. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Keen Skier

    How did you guys ice?

    I love my ice machine!! I could not conceive of doing this without it. At 9 weeks out I still use it intermittently overnight and in the evening if I'm sore. I have 24 water/Gatorade bottles (16 ounce) that I keep in the freezer. My IceMan holds 4 bottles plus water and there is still some ice...
  5. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

    That's always encouraging! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

    I think I figured how to do this...my 8 week scars if it works on a distressingly white background!
  7. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

    Mine too. The horrible itch has subsided and the "knee hot flashes" are much reduced. Scars are pretty similar...mine are maybe just a bit less pink but I've been using lots of Arnica. Good idea to cut back on physio. I've just been going once a week with maybe a slightly less intense program...
  8. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

    Hope your leg is continuing to settle with rest. Thought I would give you a challenge that won't upset things since you're kind of my partner in crime. Apart from the ? Shin splints you seem to be just a bit ahead of me BUT today I had to go to an informal meeting and wore a pair of denim...
  9. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Sorry...I was texting my son and ended up in the wrong place!!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Wow!! They blew Philly away too! That's nice. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Keen Skier

    Bilateral TKR tjcteacher's recovery thread<

    I have 1 irritable SI joint that sometimes triggers sciatica if I'm not careful. There is a muscle stretch called "piriformis stretch" that helps me ward off problems. You have to modify it a bit without full knee flexion but I've been using it if I feel any twinge coming on and so far it's...
  12. Keen Skier

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Congratulations, a well- deserved report. Now you just need to practice on the bike and take lots of deep breaths in the lead up to your first day back at work but you seem definitely poised for success...No problem. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Keen Skier

    TKR ironclm's recovery

    Amazing!! I found your thread initially on the cycle club page and have been following ever since. I'm waiting with some frustration to get back on my bike. So far I can only do 10 minutes on the trainer with no resistance 6 weeks after Bilateral so I'm watching you with envy. I don't race...
  14. Keen Skier

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    Amen to that!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. Keen Skier

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    You have to remember as well that you have rheumatoid arthritis so I think that makes a big difference in your healing processes. Thus comparing yourself to us OA people who are just here because of a mechanical glitch puts you at a disadvantage before you start. In the long haul the RA people...
Back
Top Bottom