Recent content by Kayaknlady

  1. Kayaknlady

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    Now 7 months Post bilateral TKA. Why didn’t I do this sooner? I’m back doing my Whitewater kayaking , some hiking, and today stand up paddle board. No more braces. No knee pain. I’m 70 so it’s the other parts that now hurt. To all of you still in your early recovery, it will get better
  2. Kayaknlady

    Revision TKR Third times the charm- hopefully

    It’s been 6 months since my bilateral TKA and kneeling is getting easier all the time. No more knee pads for yoga, but I use 2 matts/ one doubled over. Everything is better. Hiking, kayaking, swimming. Right feels normal. Left almost there
  3. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    @kmak81230 , that is an excellent goal and I’m sure you’ll be making goals again. I find hiking with people my age a lot easier than the 20,30,40 year old people I hiked with Sunday. Keep your eye on your goals and work towards them. You’ll get there. . Good luck to you. My ex warned me I might...
  4. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    I’m almost 6 months Post bilateral and started water aerobics at about 6 weeks . I’m 70 and go 3 times a week. I also swim, but I started just walking at first , and soon worked up to the entire class. However I was doing water aerobics 3 times a week prior to surgery. I’m 70. Altitude might...
  5. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    Next week marks 6 months post bil TKR. My right is normal, left still a little behind in flexion, but almost normal. Last week I won first place in a white water kayaking race, age 70, competing against college kids. Today I went on 2 hikes for a total of 7.5 miles. I used my trecking poles but...
  6. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    @Mutti3 , yes my Amazon knee pads work well for yoga or kneeling around the house. I find the more I kneel, the less pain and the more normal they feel. Only about $10 for 2 on Amazon. The cold makes my knees a bit stiff, but the more I move, the better I feel
  7. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Problems 2-years post op

    @BionicDes . When weather allows, maybe you can carry a bike on your car and bike from your lot to your office. I’m a bil TKA and was able to bike short, flat distances at 4 weeks. I see your a white water boater. My bil was 5 months ago and I just resumed kayaking class III last week. I was...
  8. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    I had a bilateral TKA almost 5 months ago. I’ve been kneeling for yoga and Pilates before 3 months. I use 3 yoga mats and my Amazon knee pads. It was a bit painful at first, but not anymore. My doc thinks it’s ok. I feel that yoga has given me much more flexibility and strength...
  9. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    I’m 4 months post op bilateral TKA in just 2 days. What a difference. I no longer live ,planning my vacations around steroid injections. Everyday is good. I’m still building up endurance on my biking and hiking, but it is better every time. Today I did 2 very steep hikes( short, but very steep...
  10. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    Standing with no pain at 5 weeks is really great progress. Keep it up CarrieBTW. You are from “The Show Me State”, Missouri.
  11. Kayaknlady

    TKR 4 months and still in pain

    My doc said I could take Aleve with Tylenol in between to get off narcotics. It worked for me. Everyone is different. By 4 weeks I was on this schedule because I wanted to drive. I know another who is over a year Post TKA with another pending and occasionally has to take narcotics. Listen to...
  12. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    CarrieBTW, I haven’t done Forest Park yet, quite a few steep hills, but maybe in a few weeks. Hello to fellow Missourian. I love Forest Park also. Soon will be biking and walking those 6 miles with ease
  13. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    mlwreader, I totally understand you urgency for not wasting time.At our ages, we realize every day is a gift and there is less time to fill that bucket list. It is understandable that it’s going to take more time, because you were so weak to start with. But you are working at it and improving...
  14. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Two New Knees- My journey back to life with BTKR

    Sounds like a great recovery. Keep up the good work
  15. Kayaknlady

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    @jaschembra has been a great friend in our knee replacement journeys. She taught me so much, helped me prepare, brought me lunch when homebound, drove me to PT. We met at the gym, and coached me in my recovery. I’m very grateful for her , my bone sister. I have had a great recovery for which I’m...
Back
Top Bottom