Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

You are amazing!! You’re doing things I’m not able. I just get excited I can walk a huge grocery story and not need an electric cart! You go girl!
 
Next week marks 6 months post bil TKR. My right is normal, left still a little behind in flexion, but almost normal. Last week I won first place in a white water kayaking race, age 70, competing against college kids. Today I went on 2 hikes for a total of 7.5 miles. I used my trecking poles but was able to keep up with the group. I gave my old knee braces away and looking forward to a future of pain free walking. I’m a happy camper
 
wowza, that is fantastic. what an amazing recovery and congrats on 1st place in the kayak race.:thumb:
 
Kneerah!!! @Kayaknlady - way to show those youngsters a thing or two!!! You are my recovery idol . . . thanks for posting your accomplishments - it gives us something to aspire to. I don't know that I'm up for kayak races against 20 year olds but I am looking forward to playing in a hockey tournament with a bunch of people my own age next month.
 
@kmak81230 , that is an excellent goal and I’m sure you’ll be making goals again. I find hiking with people my age a lot easier than the 20,30,40 year old people I hiked with Sunday. Keep your eye on your goals and work towards them. You’ll get there. . Good luck to you. My ex warned me I might wear out these knees. I told him I’d rather die on a trail or river then in from of the TV.
 
I sure don’t want to wear mine out either but that is the reason we did this - to be able to get back to, or continue, the activities we love pain free.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom