My surgeon told me to call his office a week before dental appointment and he'd prescribe antibiotics. I guess I don't know for how long he would me to keep taking them for additional dental appointments.
@Eggs I had pain from sciatica, especially while climbing stairs. I alternated ice and heat on my lower back and in about 2 weeks it stopped, thank goodness.
My surgeon wants me to wait 6 months before any invasive dentistry, including cleanings. I'm not sure if he wants antibiotics even after 6 months. I see him on Monday and that question is on the list.
I took Ambien for years and it was a long process getting off of it. I have suffered from insomnia for years. CBD alone didn't do the trick but CBD/THC combo has been a lifesaver for me. Since cannabis is legal in Canada perhaps that is an option to try?
So we finally had a day in the 40's with some sunshine, snow is cleared off of the streets so I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I had no pain but my stamina is really shot. Presurgery I wasn't able to travel far due to pain and then winter and recovery limited me. I really need...
Yesterday I had a couple of glasses of white wine,( first time in 3 months ) not recommended with medication but...anyway not sure if this is one of the reasons I had more pain last night.
Maybe? I stopped all pain meds less than a week after surgery (side effects were worse than the pain...
Another milestone today. I left PT and returned to my own gym and trainer last month. When I first started I was unable to get a full rotation on recumbent bike so I've been warming up on the treadmill instead. This morning I decided to give it another shot and success! Full rotation with no...
All of the PM medicines - Tylenol, Advil, etc., contain the pain reliever plus Diphenhydramine. That is generic name for Benadryl. It makes most people sleepy but has the opposite effect on some. I am one of those people. Sounds like it is true for quite a few too. Antihistamines dry you out so...
I am celebrating today. I was able to pull my car into my single car garage, not be able to have door wide open and still get in and out comfortably. A small victory but important to me. I hated leaving the car in the driveway and dealing with scraping ice and snow brushes.
@Teachfirst But the food is horrible :nah:I think I'd rather prepare a simple meal myself than have hospital food delivered bedside. Maybe you are in a better place than I was.
@gbc2022 That is so interesting. I received no instructions on urine sample either. I thought it was so strange. Fortunately mine was still clean but how frustrating to have surgery postponed needlessly. You prepare yourself mentally for that procedure, not to mention rearranging much of your...
I had TKR on a Thursday, went home the next day. They called to schedule in home PT for Saturday. I was too miserable (sick due to pain meds) and cancelled but first visit wagon Sunday. It was pretty helpful, focused on safety and getting around with walker. I had 7 in home visits and then...
@schpooko Don't worry too much about being alone after 2 weeks. I stayed at my son's home for the first 2 weeks post surgery. Then returned to my own 2 story home by myself. It was fine. I had PT work with me on steps. I was slow, careful and steady. Friends dropped off meals. Your husband will...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.