Guest viewing is limited

TKR Kate97497’s post op

Isn't that the way of change. Sometimes circumstances force a shift in tradition and what is new adds joy. The neighborhood cookie exchange exceeded our expectations!

The flood is resolved, the dishwasher installation was corrected and now I can deal with the rest.
 
It took me quite awhile to get in and out of my car, especially if I wasn't able to open my door all the way wide. This is why my temporary wheelchair pass was great. I didn't need the close parking but I did need the wide spacing between other cars. I'm tall (5'10") and so my seat is already back as far as it will go. It's been only recently that my ROM is enough that I can bend my knee and get my foot/leg out if I'm parked close to someone else. (plus my wheelchair pass has now expired as of Jan1)

@hawk2go , I didn't know you had a kitchen flood!! :flabber: Yikes! Not fun..... our microwave finally went out right after Christmas and luckily we were able to get another one ordered and installed fairly quickly. I had give up counter space to our portable spare one until the new one was installed a couple of days ago.
 
Yeah - my dishwasher experience has been one of the worst customer service experiences of all experiences, and I paid for the VIP service plan. grrr and it continues.
 
We've had some horrible appliance experiences lately too, mainly defective parts and some customer service issues. I won't get into details but I can relate. :console2:
 
I am celebrating today. I was able to pull my car into my single car garage, not be able to have door wide open and still get in and out comfortably. A small victory but important to me. I hated leaving the car in the driveway and dealing with scraping ice and snow brushes.
 
I am finally able to do this too, I've noticed. Pulling into the garage I would try to park my car more to the right so I could open my driver's door as wide as possible to be able to get out. It was a concentrated effort to bend my left leg enough to get it out. Today I just popped right out of the car, no issues!
 
Those small victories as we progress through our recovery are really big. They mean we're getting ever closer. I celebrate every one of them.:egypdance:
 
Wow, Hawkie.... a flood in your kitchen, and during the holidays. Yikes! I’m glad you got it resolved. Our microwave went out shortly before my surgery, & then the stove! Actually, we considered ourselves lucky, in that we were able to replace both pretty easily ( we have a Lowe’s about 5 minutes away), & they are great. So now, plenty of time prior to my surgery, we had both New appliances, basically almost the same as our old ones. Interestingly , to get the stove in white would not be available until late December. So we got a black/stainless steel, which is fine. But I would think the white would have been the easiest. Weird
 
Another milestone today. I left PT and returned to my own gym and trainer last month. When I first started I was unable to get a full rotation on recumbent bike so I've been warming up on the treadmill instead. This morning I decided to give it another shot and success! Full rotation with no pain in knee. But of course, a pain in my calf. They think maybe I am guarding a little and not pushing with whole foot. Gave me a roller to work it out. Anyone else experience pain elsewhere when riding a bike?
 
Sometimes there is a bit of tightness when I start but that tightness dissipates quickly. If it doesn't or if I get pain later in my session, I stop. Pain is still my indication that I might not be ready for whatever I'm trying. I know trainers look at pain differently.
 
Same on the tightness. I usually have to back my seat up at first, I can't just hop on and assume the same position I ended with the last time. When things are warmed up I gradually scoot my seat forward (I have a recumbent bike), hopefully ending a little further than I ended the last time. If there's any pain or it feels too tight, I back off on the seat.
 
So we finally had a day in the 40's with some sunshine, snow is cleared off of the streets so I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I had no pain but my stamina is really shot. Presurgery I wasn't able to travel far due to pain and then winter and recovery limited me. I really need to start daily walks and build up my stamina daily. I do go to the gym regularly but the bike and strengthening exercises don't take the same toll on me. This is going to take some time.
 
Yes, this will take time. By the time your weather warms up you will be healed even more, and you will be able to do things to regain stamina and strength. Just don’t try to rush it, you don’t want a setback. All in good time! :console2:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom