Recent content by Karebear

  1. Karebear

    TKR 6 months still stiff

    I am having stiffness 6 months out. Still better than the bone on bone pain I had before surgery.
  2. Karebear

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    Early on with my first TKR I thought the same thing. At about 12 weeks, things got a lot better and I knew that I could do it again because it was worth it. That horrible bone on bone pain was gone! Hang in there, it will get better!
  3. Karebear

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    Yes, this is my big fear as well. Especially with winter coming up and icy sidewalks and parking lots!
  4. Karebear

    TKR kbueno44 - Fractured Patella now.

    So sorry to hear about your fractured patella. Sending hugs and prayers!
  5. Karebear

    TKR Karebear's recovery thread

    I am due to have a routine dental cleaning and I was wondering if I need to wait a certain amount of time after a TKR? I know I need to take a prophylactic antibiotic before this appointment.
  6. Karebear

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    I had to chuckle about your post. My husband and kids are running the household now and I just have to bite my tongue and go with the flow. At least now they know how much I do. Even though my kids are 21 and 17, they evidently still need me.
  7. Karebear

    TKR Karebear's recovery thread

    Almost 4 weeks post op and I feel the worst is behind me. I am going to stop the Percocet today and transition to Tramadol and Tylenol. I am celebrating my small victories now: ditched the walker for one crutch, can make myself a simple meal, I can feed my cat, fold laundry and I am napping...
  8. Karebear

    TKR StewMac's Introduction to the forum.

    We had our surgery the same day. I am struggling with the very same issues. I am still taking Percocet though because I tried to quit it too soon with my previous TKR. Glad you found this forum. I don't know what I would have done without it.
  9. Karebear

    TKR Cindy's New Knee (Maillady)

    I was a nervous wreck before my first surgery as well. It is very normal and understandable.The nurse in the pre op area noticed I was wringing my hands when I walked up to her when she called my name. They gave me some medicine to calm me down while I was waiting for surgery. That helped...
  10. Karebear

    TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

    Praying for healing and blessings for you @Texaslady. Things will get better. I know these speed bumps can be so disheartening on the recovery journey.
  11. Karebear

    TKR Karebear's recovery thread

    Almost 3 weeks post op and I am already so tired of sitting and lying around! The mental/emotional drain is so taxing. I just keep telling myself to look for the blessings in life and I know that I can do this! With my previous TKR, at 3 weeks post op, I noticed I was having less pain and my...
  12. Karebear

    TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

    Yes, I wish people would be more honest about the difficulty the recovery is for a TKR! I just told my doctor at my 2 week post op appointment that the best word to describe this recovery journey is "grueling." Not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
  13. Karebear

    TKR Karebear's recovery thread

    Post op day #6. Glad to be past the first 3 to 4 days! PT starts tomorrow. Definitely not looking forward to that! I am doing better with pain control and I am able to shower and dress myself now. I love the small milestones! I guess I had suppressed a little, how this journey is so tough...
  14. Karebear

    TKR Karebear's recovery thread

    I found interesting how different the nurses attitudes were about pain meds. One nurse brought me the dosage she thought I needed before even meeting me! "I guess I will have to get another one because I only brought two." I was on the tail end of another sleepless night because of the pain and...
  15. Karebear

    TKR My recovery thread

    Hi, I just had my LTKR 4 days ago so I am feeling your pain. I just keep telling myself it will get better. Hang in there!
Back
Top Bottom