Recent content by jojo9610

  1. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    It's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've been back at work full time for the past month. Things really haven't been too bad as far as that's concerned. This week has got to be one of the worst I've had in years. I had an aunt pass away on Tuesday, Wednesday night I had to take my 13 year...
  2. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I made it through my first week of work without overtiring myself, however I feel like I've had a setback during my PT session Wednesday. I had a different PT (he was the director of the clinic) and he was working on moving my kneecap around. None of what he was doing hurt at the time but that...
  3. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I made it through my first day of work. My knee actually feels really good, no major swelling. I was able to keep it propped up most of the day. It feels so good to finally be back at work. I also saw my ENT today. My cancer hasn't spread outside the thyroid so all I need to do is the...
  4. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I went to PT this morning and then saw my OS for my 7 week follow up. I was at 92/2. We talked a lot about the MUA. He has given me 3 weeks to get over 100 flexion. He said he'd rather me get there on my own than with a MUA but sometimes people just need a little help. He reassured me that it...
  5. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I didn't think of that. Our big freezer went out yesterday and we lost everything. I've decided that we're not going to keep a lot of food on hand. We'll definitely be doing take out for the next few weeks.
  6. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I'll be going back full-time. I can elevate all day at my desk and also ice. I have two ice machines so I plan on keeping one at work. My co-workers are like family so I know if I need to find a sofa and take a quick nap during the day I can do that also. I'm anxious to get back since I'm the...
  7. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    My 7 week checkup is tomorrow afternoon. I am terrified that he's going to mention a MUA. I'm about 90/2 right now but this last week I feel like my knee has really loosened up. I don't have that tight band feeling even though I'm not getting any more flexion. I'm hoping my OS will give me a...
  8. jojo9610

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    Congratulations to both you and Buddy! You make quite a team.
  9. jojo9610

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    Congratulations on the ribbons so far! Amazing back yard. Our two shelties (BJ & Sadie) were rough housing running through the house when one chased the other into the office. Sadie slipped on the plastic mat that was under the office chair and her leg went under her and she snapped her hip...
  10. jojo9610

    TKR Smarttoys recovery

    We have a 13 year old Sheltie and when she was a pup we had her in training for agility until she broke her hip and had to have surgery to have it repaired. That ended her agility career. She's now happy being a couch potato.
  11. jojo9610

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    The last couple of weeks I used the Saran Wrap. I haven't needed it this past week. I wonder who first thought "I'm going to wrap saran wrap around my knee"? It's amazing that something so simple can really make that much difference in the pain at night. If someone asked me what it's been like...
  12. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I had my thyroidectomy yesterday and I got home from the hospital this morning. It's really not too painful. Luckily I still have pain medication left from my TKR because when I stopped at the pharmacy the hospitalist had not signed the prescription for the pain meds. On the bright side, I had...
  13. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    Thank you all for such wonderful support. I don't know what I would have done without you these last few weeks. My husband is great at fetching but so are my dogs. Of course I wouldn't trade him in for the world. He has been my rock but he just doesn't understand what I've been through. It's...
  14. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    I had a complete meltdown at PT today. The PT was massaging my knee and I just started bawling. This is the first time I've cried since my surgery. I guess it's been building up. I told her I didn't feel like I was making any progress and she just kept reassuring me. She really is a really good...
  15. jojo9610

    TKR Jojo9610's recovery thread

    @Timetolive I bought a floor cycle yesterday off of Amazon that will be delivered today. I thought it wouldn't hurt to do some peddling in between appointments. My knee felt so loose after I had used it for 10 minutes at PT. I won't have any PT next week since my thyroid surgery is Monday.
Back
Top Bottom