Recent content by Jetlag

  1. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Hey Bonesmart Friends - 8 years ago today was my first THR and it's still working quite well. It complains at night occasionally if I use a step ladder during the day, but other than that it has exceeded my expectations. Not sure if any of my old buddies are still on this forum but I...
  2. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Hi Jamie - how nice that you are still here helping people around the world on BoneSmart. In response to your question, I do not have any ceramic components.
  3. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Hey Everybody ! Today is the 6 year anniversary of my first hip - both are still doing quite well. We enjoyed another visit from Z this August - from the looks of his outdoor run, his hip is doing well also. I don't get on this forum often anymore but my old buddies are frequently on...
  4. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Hey Everybody - My family just had another delightful visit with our own BoneSmart Forum buddy, John Zahara, aka: Z. He was kind enough to host us in their home in the mountains of New England. It was great to see him again and I can assure you here that his artificial hip is not at all...
  5. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Hey Everyone - Dallas Sarah's update this morning and Jaycey's reply prompted me to add a brief update here. I am doing pretty well and in remission for almost a year now - have my annual set of scans in March for more info. This disease will return someday but my goal is to outlast those...
  6. Jetlag

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Holy Moly Sarah - you and your new hip look GREAT ! Thanks for the update - your life sounds like things are going wonderfully. Did you hear that Z and I got to meet last summer ? He drove 900 miles to visit us and just "say hello" - we had a good time.
  7. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Here it is by request .... evidence of Z and Jetlag finally meeting after being BoneSmart friends for 4 years. Thanks to him for driving almost 1,000 miles to make this happen.
  8. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    I'm doing well after the stem cell transplant. Excited that another BoneSmart member is driving approx 900 miles to visit tomorrow. We've been friends via e-mail but never met in person. Many of you from a few years ago know of Z. Kevin
  9. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Wow thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement from my friends here on the forum ! You guys made my day. I will try to post an update here in March after the stem cell transplant to let people know how it went - I know you all wish me luck. BTW - the hips are going great so...
  10. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Thanks Sarah - they have grounded me indefinitely while we deal with this and I'm okay with that. After living out of a suitcase for 30 years it's actually nice to be home every night. Jennifer is doing well - thanks for asking. Hope YOU are doing okay. Kevin
  11. Jetlag

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Sarah - Happy 3rd Anniversary !!! PS - did you see my latest post ? Kevin
  12. Jetlag

    THR 3 year check-in

    Hello to my longtime BoneSmart friends - Just an update at the 3 year point and both hips are doing well. I hope that all of you are recovering nicely as well. They say if you live long enough that you will either get a hip replacement or cancer. Turns out I got both. I was diagnosed...
  13. Jetlag

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Hey Sarah - good to get your update - happy anniversary to the class of Nov 2011. Kevin
  14. Jetlag

    New here and terrified

    A few words of encouragement from someone on "the other side". Had both hips done (two months apart) less than two years ago. Fully understand the FEAR mentioned here - I was scared $%*& before the first one, but it went well and I actually looked forward to the second one being done. I've been...
  15. Jetlag

    THR DallasSarah post op update!

    Sarah - You are not old enough to remember the phrase Groovy !! Glad your hip is well but sorry to hear about your ankle mishap. Like yourself, I am doing good most of the time. Our classmate Z might need some support though - give a check on him. Best Wishes, Kevin
Back
Top Bottom