THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tally Ho....YoooooHooooooo

Times flies, checking in to say hello.

Dallas is HOT and I'm ready for the cooler winter months.

No major news to share. I had to check which year I had my hip replaced wasn't sure if it was almost my 2 or 3 year anniversary that says a lot OR its a serious sign I had to much morphine and pain meds and my brain is fried now hahahahaha! My hip is lovely, strong and active.

Yikes I did sprain, mild fracture my left ankle earlier this year at our NY show (April) this will sound a little warped when I fell, yep very un lady like in the middle of a large NYC street pot hole, I was happy that my hip was fine and I managed to get up with no help. The next morning in the hotel my ankle was a mess, American Airlines and airport were excellent nice way to fly home got to jump the security line in the wheel chair assistance program HA! had to wear a boot for weeks, fast forward it seemed to take forever to heal. Today it's good.

Miles is fabulous he will be 3 this year, cheeky as ever!

I do try to check in and read updates at times, don't write that often nothing really medical or hip related to share.

Hope everyone is well and groovy!

xxoo
 
Sarah -

You are not old enough to remember the phrase Groovy !!

Glad your hip is well but sorry to hear about your ankle mishap.

Like yourself, I am doing good most of the time. Our classmate Z might need some support though - give a check on him.

Best Wishes,

Kevin
 
:goodpost: Yeah, Sarah!! It's wonderful to hear from you and to hear that you and Miles are doing well. These new hips are fabulous aren't they? I'm glad your ankle injury got sorted and healed :)
 
Sarah, how fabulous to hear that you have nothing much to report!!! It means everything is working just the way it should. The ankle mess is just a small blip, it sounds like, although I'm sure it didn't feel small at the time. Great to see a familiar name from my THR past. :)

Sharon
 
Hi Sarah,

Nice to hear from you and know that you've lost track of your hip as time goes by! Glad you and Miles are doing well and do be careful when you are out and about -- did you have tall heels on when you hurt your ankle?

Thanks for stopping by to say hello!!
Take care,
Cardie
 
Just found my way back to bonesmart. Soo glad to hear you are doing so well as far as the hip goes. Absolutely wonderful news!
 
Happy November Everyone! My hip will be celebrating its 2nd year birthday at the end of this month and all is fabulous. I did loose a few extra lbs and it was tough, now the weight is off WOW makes a big difference just in overall feeling, activity level and confidence. Yes sneaking in the heels here and there too! I just got back from a work trip to Las Vegas and I took advantage one night to go and see the Michael Jackson Cirque Show - ONE! took a rare selfie my hair grew out so quickly. Anyway back to the show it was amazing!! Miles is still king of this castle :)

Hope everyone os getting ready for a nice holiday season! I will send my best to Z and there is another person going into a revision Cathy I think, I need to circle back and check.

My best to everyone for good health and happy times!

xoxo
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] DallasSarah post op update!
    photo.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 471
Thanks for checking in - two years already! Time flies. I hear ya about trying to loose a few pounds. What was your secret? Don't be a stranger now!
 
DallasSarah hi there... It is my two year anniversary tomorrow 14 Nov... I so remember our crazy post surgery days with our Class of 2011 hippies.. Such fun!

You look fantastic and I am so thrilled yo hear from you.. and the same to Kevin Jetlag, wonderful to hear from you also :)
 
Great selfie :) - Looking all slim and snazzy. You look great and it sounds like you feel great too. Good for you!! Yeah, it's me who has to have a revision, the darn thing never grew in properly to begin with so at a year and 7 months instead of celebrating how good I feel I am celebrating finally getting things figured out to go in again. Oh well, can't control some things. Really happy you are doing so well, thanks for posting.
 
Hi Sarah, I got an alert because Jetlag posted on your thread. Happy 3rd anniversary from Wales! Hope you're doing well, and say hello to Miles from me. I'd clean forgo, but my anniversary is coming up shortly too.

Love, Jane
 
Hippy 3rd Anniversary Sarah!!! :cheers2: Hope all is well with you
 
Yes happy third anniversary Sarah - would love an update xx
 
I got an alert too so I will join the party and say WhooHoo happy 3rd anniversary and hope you are doing great! :)
 
Thank you everyone for the fun happy anniversary reminder. Year 3 is end of this month and I feel brand new, I rarely think about my hip. I've been walking a lot even did a 5k a few weekends ago its so refreshing not worrying about if I'm going to have that awful ache pain after activity. I head to England for vacation Nov 23rd YEAY!! Miles is fabulous. I've been super good with my weight and feeling pretty great. Here are a couple of fun photos. Ohhh the biggest love part is flying its so nice to fly and feel comfortable and not worry about walking through long airports. I'll read Jetlag's updates plus love to WelshJane hope everything is going ok with your health.

Love to all - happy healing xoxoxo

PS I do wear 4 inch heel booths on special occasions its BRILLIANT :)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] DallasSarah post op update!
    IMG_0228.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 436
  • [Bonesmart.org] DallasSarah post op update!
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 462
It's wonderful to hear you are doing well, @DallasSarah - love the pictures! Myles looks so comfy and happy - and you look terrific! Have fun in England - sounds like a great vacation :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom