THR 3 year check-in

@Jetlag great news about your stem cell transplant. I have been sending you positive vibes hoping to hear this news. And of course we know Z - how great you can finally meet in person. Enjoy - pictures please!
 
Congrats on the successful stem cell treatment! It's so cool you made such an impression on this forum to yield such loving remarks and a visit! My dad is a pilot, how are you doing grounded all this time? I can see at first enjoying it, but my dad gets quite cranky if he doesn't get his air time in. I wish you all the best and a wonderful visit from your BS buddy Z.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi @Jetlag
Is it "tomorrow" in USA?!! Hope you have a great day with Z. it must be weird and wonderful to meet someone who you don't know but know very closely too.

Warm vibes from England from a newer Bonesmartie who wishes you well.
 
Here it is by request .... evidence of Z and Jetlag finally meeting after being BoneSmart friends for 4 years. Thanks to him for driving almost 1,000 miles to make this happen.

[Bonesmart.org] 3 year check-in
 
Now that is exciting! !!!! Yay!
 
@Jetlag thanks so much for posting the photo! Hope you had a great time with Z! Please do keep us update on your situation!
 
Oh I love it, I love it! Two of my most favourite members! God bless you both. That's going in my personal album.
 
Beautiful smiles from two wonderful guys. I hope we never lose touch with you!!!
 
Thanks for all the kind words and thoughtful sentiments my friends. I assure you that the drive to see Kevin was worth every mile.

We had always thought that we'd meet up when one of his flights brought him somewhere in New England. It had not happened yet but we were still looking for the opportunity. When Kevin stopped flying (for now anyway) I figured it might take more than a 3 hour drive to Boston. But the good news was that rather than see him on a 3 or 4 hour layover I got to spend 2 days with him and his lovely family. I'd actually gotten to know his wife and daughter for other reasons over the years so meeting Jennifer and Shannon was a treat too.

I wondered if this could end up being awkward in any way... But Kevin is every bit as gracious in person as he has been long distance and it felt like sitting down with an old friend.

Here's to friendships made on Bonesmart!

:thankyou:

Z
 
Hey Everyone -

Dallas Sarah's update this morning and Jaycey's reply prompted me to add a brief update here. I am doing pretty well and in remission for almost a year now - have my annual set of scans in March for more info. This disease will return someday but my goal is to outlast those two new hips I got in 2011. In the mean time I have retired from flying and wife and I are doing a fair amount of travel on road trips, spending time with family, and enjoying life. The hips are doing quite well and like Sarah (and so many others), I am SO glad that I had them replaced. Best wishes to all of my BoneSmart buddies. Here's a recent photo - not as sassy as Sarah's though. :loll:

[Bonesmart.org] 3 year check-in
 
I am so pleased to read your update @Jetlag ! Yet more proof there is a whole lot of living to do post THR! So happy for you! Enjoy!
 
Hey Everybody -

My family just had another delightful visit with our own BoneSmart Forum buddy, John Zahara, aka: Z. He was kind enough to host us in their home in the mountains of New England. It was great to see him again and I can assure you here that his artificial hip is not at all evident nor slowing him down a bit. Here is a recent photo from one of the hikes he took us on.

[Bonesmart.org] 3 year check-in
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jetlag,
Good to see you, thanks for the photo and the update!
 
@Jetlag great to see your update! Thanks for sharing the photo! Looks like life is good for you BoneSmart buddies!
 
Loved reading this positive post! Wishing you the best for many years to come.
Diane
 
Great positive news - I can't believe my TLHR is 4 years old and I forget I have it (except going through airport scanners!) We are so lucky with modern medicine, proved again with your remission from cancer. Long may that continue - enjoy every day that you have!
Best wishes
Anne
 
What an inspiring and moving post @Jetlag, lovely photos, long may your unique friendship thrive, and your many travel adventures continue to provide you with fantastic memories. May your health continue to strengthen, and your hips hold you up for many, many, many years to come. Thank you for sharing your story.
 
Oh gosh....I'm just seeing this post in your thread, @Jetlag!!! How great to hear from you and to know that you're still out there rockin' the world. Aren't BoneSmarties friends THE BEST?:loveshwr:
 
And I'm only just seeing it too! I spotted you were on thre forum a couple of days ago and mentioned it to Jamie with the comment 'I wish he'd posted'! and you had! So very, very good to hear from you and Zrog.
 
Hey Everybody ! Today is the 6 year anniversary of my first hip - both are still doing quite well. We enjoyed another visit from Z this August - from the looks of his outdoor run, his hip is doing well also. I don't get on this forum often anymore but my old buddies are frequently on my mind - hope you are all doing good. Kevin
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom