Recent content by JenJuniper

  1. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    Hi Diane! Wow how about that for a coincidence! I was hoping to catch up with you again on here to see how you were, so thanks for posting and it’s great to hear from you :-) Congrats on a perfect X-ray and the all clear from the consultant!!! I think 90-95% level is pretty darn good...and we...
  2. J

    Looking for feedback from police officers

    41 years old when I had my THR a year ago. 12 weeks off work, 12 weeks desk duty at increasing hours, and use of a standing desk. Full patrol duties at 6 months. No issues with frontline work from 6 month point :-) Read my threads... conservative approach to recovery in the early stages which...
  3. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    Happy 1 year anniversary to my Valentines hip! Yes a whole year has passed since my THR, and just popping in to give and update and say hi to @Delphi and @sammylou99 if they are still on the forums! I hope you are doing well girls! I’ve had a very smooth recovery and life is pretty much back...
  4. J

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    lol you're right @sammylou99 not a relaxing massage by any means!!!! But yes so beneficial!! I took some time to gain confidence in the therapist as I was scared (not to do with how they were!) but it is 'different' and understanding the mild discomfort at the time does give results! @Delphi...
  5. J

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Hi @Delphi great to hear from you! We've also stayed at Sao lorenco 2 years ago and loved it! (Other half is golf mad! ) talking about golf, I have been known to play a little over the years, but haven't been brave enough to try since the op so well done you for having a go, even though it has...
  6. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    It's been a while since I posted... I had a pretty standard recovery for those who remember my thread... I did very little for 10 weeks, (was on crutches for 6 weeks), my choice and consultants recommendations...which I put down to the rapid progress I am making now at 15. 5 weeks. It wasn't...
  7. J

    February 20, 2017

    Congrats Sam on a brilliant check up! Hope you have a great celebration tonight! Well done on getting through 6 weeks [emoji106] onwards and upwards from here....SLOWLY.. lol!!! Enjoy [emoji16] x Sent from my iPhone
  8. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    Hi Sam [emoji16] looking forward to an equally positive update for you Thursday... I'll be checking in to see your update!! Oh indeed the fun begins... trying to prise myself away from daytime tv to get mobile. I'm lucky that my recovery programme includes 12 weeks of gym membership, so awaiting...
  9. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    I'm finally at 6 weeks!!!!! I am an active, sporty 41 year old who has literally been climbing the walls over the last 6 weeks. However, i have stuck by my consultants requests..I have done very little, I have laid and sat, I have walked a little, I have done next to no exercises, I have been...
  10. J

    THR Bionic Side

    Wow! Congratulations my 'hip twin'! Really chuffed to bits for you and your progress!!! Fantastic to hear you are doing so well! [emoji16] I'm on a slower recovery path (only in walking terms) as I am on 2 crutches for 6 weeks, however all is good here also and everything is on track for the...
  11. J

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Enjoyed reading your update Diane! @Delphi Definitely try and get out... even if you go slow and not too far! It really makes you feel great.... I'm not sure we'll have the glorious sun we did yesterday (had my shades on for my walk!) but it's still mild, so go for it! And be careful!!! Great...
  12. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    @sammylou99 haha yes the little things!!!! Oooo may look at getting one of those shavers.... great idea!! Pedicure was amazing...foot scrub, massage.... just bliss!!! It's really hard to concentrate on my gait but I am determined to sort it!! @Delphi ! Yes, still got to keep bad leg...
  13. J

    February 20, 2017

    Awww I'm so envious of you getting the ok for driving and side sleeping @sammylou99 Sam!!!!! Great news for you though, and really pleased for you! I also got the advice to massage the harder areas around my incision... to be honest I didn't notice them until the physio pointed it out! Here's...
  14. J

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    Hope everyone's recoveries are going well! Here's my week 3 update: 1. Treated myself to a manicure/pedicure this week.. oh how nice it was have a little treat! 2. Still injecting clexane every day. Hate it. 8 more to go! Tummy covered in tiny bruises... I'm obviously not very good at it! 3...
  15. J

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    It's only a physio appt to check your walking gait. There are no plans for regular physio appts. To be honest I'm not sure what use it will be as I'm still on 2 crutches (consultant orders) as I think most people are usually on 1 crutch and sometimes walking unaided by now so that's why they...
Back
Top Bottom