Recent content by Jazz1963

  1. Jazz1963

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    @traceys its interesting to see your posts. I’ve had knee problems since I was 9, a jolly long time. My rtkr was the first surgery I’ve had on either of my knees even though my surgeon said it was the worst knee he had operated on. 11 months post surgery, my knee continues to improve slowly...
  2. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    So I’m 11 months post op now, I don’t use the stick as much only if want to walk the dog or go shopping therefore walking a fair bit. I’m still healing! Wow it really does take a long time to heal. It’s getting stronger and stronger. I can walk upstairs quite easily now, and downstairs...
  3. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    I’m 7.5 months post surgery, still limping quite a lot, still using a stick outside, knee still feels very stiff, worse as the day goes on. Struggling with walking downhill, and walking downstairs. Honestly wondering if my tkr has failed. Has anyone got a similar experience. Thank you, Jan x
  4. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    I’m 13 weeks post op and about 80 ROM. Extension is pretty good -5. It feels a little stuck for bend. It does ache more as the day goes on and gets stiffer which does imply swelling inside. It does feel very tight when I drive too, so I don’t drive far. Thanks guys x ,
  5. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    Trying to decide if MUA is the next step for me. I’m 12.5 weeks post op and my knee is still really stiff. My ROM is probably somewhere between 70 and 80. Would appreciate people’s comments.
  6. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    Thank you everyone for making sure I got that message. I was seriously thinking of having a MUA, but my OS has suggested I wait another 7 weeks and see how it is then, but he has said my physio will let him know how I’m getting on. I’m hoping my ROM will improve. I don’t want to make things...
  7. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    @lizziescam thank you for that. Unfortunate I cannot get in the bath otherwise I would give it a go. Wonder if heat would help. Will ask my physio tomorrow xxx
  8. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    @hopalong61 my rtkr was 21 March. I am considering MUA. Would you recommend one. I only want to have it done if it will help the tightness. It sounds like possibly in a couple of months I might ease off. Can you drive, and did the MUA help your tightness and the band? X
  9. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    It’s only about 70. It is really tight like I’ve got a massive elastic band around my knee, and it gets really stiff. Don’t have to do much before it stiffens up and the band is always there. I must have quoted without knowing what I was doing Josephine. I’m just sending replies in the...
  10. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    What do you think about an MUA? I have been told I may have to have one if my bend doesn’t improve in another 7 weeks.
  11. Jazz1963

    TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

    I have been told not to elevate like that, it is not necessary. Just with leg up on sofa or bed x
  12. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    Hello I am not quoting posts so I must be doing something wrong. SOS x
  13. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    Thank you Sistersinhim do you know what, I don’t do anywhere near as much as they ask me too. I’m sitting here now and it’s hot and inflamed and I’ve only done about a third of what they say to do. I’m taking co-codamol now. A bit of codeine at night time x I’m very tempted. I’m seeing my...
  14. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    @Josephine so difficult to go against my physio, but I’m really being gentle and not pushing myself to cause pain. I don’t find paracetamol really reaches the pain, but I’m taking co-codomol now during the day. Thanks for your advice. It all helps!!!
  15. Jazz1963

    TKR 6 Weeks Post Surgery, very stiff<

    Thank you SusieShoes, that is excellent advice, I will certainly be taking. My new pt just got me to twitch my knee and press down a bit to ease extension. She didn’t push down on it. My first physio really forced my bend and it was excruciating. Was scared to go back to him after he saw me...
Back
Top Bottom