Recent content by JackiFL

  1. JackiFL

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    I'm doing well - babysitting the grandkids a few days a week and one overnight. Still can't get down on the floor easily and still no kneeling (interesting to wash the tub while standing lol - definitely got plenty of stretching while doing that) but managing to get most things done. I can...
  2. JackiFL

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hi!!! Waving wildly! I've been dealing with a lot over here so my knees have taken a back seat for a bit. What an up and down cycle of posts, Blue, over the past month or six weeks! It was like a novel - I laughed, I cried, I screamed in outrage, etc.... Sending you strength and hugs and...
  3. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    I'm officially at five months tomorrow - and torn between being happy that I had it done and wishing that I was back to "normal". I'm not on any pain meds. I can't get down on the floor with the grandkids and I can't kneel, either. There's plenty of good and a bit of bad, still. I know, I...
  4. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    Iced it for the day and now in a hot bath soaking it. Babysitting again tomorrow and then Friday into Saturday do today is my only day to rest it. Just a little setback. Reminder to self that this is a mechanical knee and won't always work like a natural one. I'll live lol :D BTKR...
  5. JackiFL

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Any word from insurance yet?? My fingers and toes are crossed for you! Jacki BTKR 01/14/2014 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  6. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    I wrenched my left knee yesterday, pretty badly. Seems like just a sprain, not bone. I was trying to stand up on my grandson's toddler bed - yeah, it didn't seem like a good idea but he wanted me to pull off one of his wall decals. Haven't had pain like that since the surgery. Forced myself to...
  7. JackiFL

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    @Twiggy - Josephine is looking for specifics.... What you were doing, what intensity, for how long, how many times, etc. The more specific you can be, the better she'll be able to help :-) You may have mentioned it earlier in your thread or in another thread but she can't go chasing it down...
  8. JackiFL

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    Hang in there, Blue. We'll both make it.... one day at a time.... and when that's too much to contemplate, then one hour at a time.... BTKR 01/14/2014 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  9. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    Found out that I have a uti. No wonder I felt like crud. On meds since last night and already feeling better. This chick is going to the gym tomorrow!!!! BTKR 01/14/2014 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  10. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    I've been avoiding the gym and I've just been doing most of my regular daily activities..... but I think I need to go back since I seem to be stuck with regards to ROM. I'm not much of a physical activity kind of woman; never have been. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh Hope it's worth it....... BTKR...
  11. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    Surgery 12 weeks recap I can walk without using a cane although I'm use it at times when I go out, just as a "heads up" to others. I'm taking two Aleve in the morning and two at night. Occasionally take extra strength Tylenol during the day. Still taking Hydrocodone when I overdo it (2-3...
  12. JackiFL

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR

    I'm glad to hear that things are (mostly) well. I'm at 12 weeks today - halfway to where you are :-) BTKR 01/14/2014 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  13. JackiFL

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    I'm so glad that you're SLEEPING!!! Hooray! I hear you about the stairs. I'm good at going UP but still want to angle myself coming down. I've been practicing in the pool at the gym since there's handrails on each side. I suppose since I walked so oddly before, it's going to take some work...
  14. JackiFL

    TKR JackiFL's Recovery Thread

    I overdid it, again, so what else is new! On the plus side, it seems like I'm bouncing back quicker when I do :D I'm going to be kind to myself this weekend.... and I hope you are each kind to yourself/ves as well.... let's treat ourselves like we'd treat a really cool friend! Hugs and TGIW...
  15. JackiFL

    MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

    I'm so glad to hear that your trip is going well! Florida weather is still the same; you're not missing anything lol Jacki BTKR 01/14/2014 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom