Recent content by Jackieray

  1. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    You would have thought a physical therapist would know what IT band Tendonitis looked like.
  2. J

    Knee Infection 5 weeks post LTKR infected and still in a lot of pain

    Hi T! I had my LTKR on dec 7 of last year. Fortunately my doctors nurses were great about giving me enough pain meds to keep me comfortable at home but nothing could control the pain the physical therapists caused by bending my knee. I regret I didn't find this site until I had finished 6...
  3. J

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    I hope so. She is a single mom with my disabled grandson and a teen daughter (that's enough right there lol) and is trying to keep up with job. That's why I've been taking my grandson to therapy in Atlanta. I admire your dedication to those kids. Kids need good role models these days.
  4. J

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    Very few can say that! My daughter is a kindergarten teacher and has no aide. 24 kids. One child with juvenile diabetes who has to be watched a lot for low blood sugar and a little girl with Downes Syndrome then 22 other kids who are barely 5 and are still babies. I admire all teachers. I...
  5. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    Hello everyone! I'm delighted to say I'm finally noticing improvement in my new knee. The swelling is going down, albeit slowly, it's going down. I'm also gaining more flexion. I'm not worrying about numbers anymore. I'm looking more at what I'm able to do. I don't have to sit with my leg...
  6. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    I ended up cancelling my pt appointment. It's getting better and the swelling on the outside is going down. It still feels stiff inside the joint but not as bad as it was. I'm bending it better and it's not as stiff on the top. I'm not icing quite as much as I was before which was all the...
  7. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    @referee54 the PA did suggest the Dixie cups. And she told me to stay on the meloxicam. I had switched to Advil but she said that could sometimes cause bleeding. If u can feel better about a problem, I think I would rather deal with the it band than a torn lcl from things I've read. @Josephine...
  8. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    @Josephine @Celle Went to see my internist on Tuesday and we all had a big powwow with doctors and nurses. The official diagnoses is IT band tendinitis. There will be no MUA at least right now. They started this "window of opportunity" business and I told them I understood that it's...
  9. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    Hahaha! I wrote the above yesterday but forgot to post it! I had so much anxiety yesterday and I couldn't seem to work myself out of it. I have some Ativan my doctor gave me several years ago to help me sleep. Since they are an anti-anxiety medicine, I took just one. It helped so much! I...
  10. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    This swelling is getting to me. It just seems to move around in my knee. If I'm elevating high, the swelling will be on top of my knee. But it doesn't ever seem to go away. I know there's sort of a capsule of fluid around it. It feels like this fluid just moves around. I've got to move...
  11. J

    TKR karol723's Recovery Thread

    A neighbor has beagles and they run wild. They sleep in the road but they never run off! Since we live in a rural area. Anybody ever hear of or been to Lovelace Cafe? It's a very popular tourist restaurant in Nashville. Lots of stars have been there including Paul McCartney. We are right...
  12. J

    TKR karol723's Recovery Thread

    I'm so glad your outing went well! I had hoped it would! I've had two golden retrievers and they both lived to be 15. They were members of the family. I miss them terribly. We live on 50 acres and it can really feel isolated during the day. I want a smaller dog next and thought about...
  13. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    @karol723 So glad to hear you are getting out. I really want to and would like to get back to doing some Bonesmart therapy but since I don't know exactly what's wrong with the ligament, I'm not sure what it's ok to do. Dr said elevate, ice and stir around a little. I'm going to call him...
  14. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    Yesterday I had a little upset tummy (red beans? Haha) and didn't feel well and that kind of set me off feeling sorry for myself and worrying. My faith is very important to me so I picked up my Bible and just started reading and just a few verses in I read "let not your heart be troubled nor...
  15. J

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    @Josephine Thanks for your input. I think I'll just put it on when I walk. It's made neoprene so the knee can still bend a little but not enough to strain the ligaments. I'm going to call my internist on Monday and ask him to talk to my OS. I would just like to know exactly what's going and if...
Back
Top Bottom