Recent content by ilovedaisys

  1. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    Barbara, I don't have pain from the fall, so I'm glad for your note.
  2. ilovedaisys

    THR Job Well Done

    Congratulations on your recovery. I've never heard of a Corin Mini Hip. Best wishes on your recovery.
  3. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    Happy Mother's day to everyone. I'm checking in after 4 weeks recovery. I'm walking more without hip pain. My incision looks healthy, just like a pencil line. My thigh muscles feel stretched and tender at times. I walk with a cane if I feel tired. Yesterday I lost my balance and fell. I...
  4. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    Thanks Teacat and Sandybeach. I'm feeling better every day. I have very little pain but I'm still very tired and need to rest. I'm working on trying to walk without a limp. When I get tired I revert back to swinging my leg out. My muscles below my hip feel strained at times, I imagine I am using...
  5. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    On Wednesday, April 24th, by Physical Therapist walked with me around the block. Whew! I iced my leg and elevated it for the rest of the day. On Thursday morning major swelling in my leg and foot went down. My leg looked amazingly different in one day. My leg muscle looks a little...
  6. ilovedaisys

    THR Second new shiny new hip in and working good.

    Hello surgery buddy. You've had quite the ordeal, you brave soul! I am icing to reduce the swelling and I'm surprised how long it takes. My knee's look like elephant knees! PT has me marching around the house, trying to strengthen my leg and get me so I quit dragging my right foot. I feel...
  7. ilovedaisys

    THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

    Liveringer, I don't get to see my dr for another 4 weeks. I remember that car ride, that was scary and it triggered nausea. I look forward to what your dr says!
  8. ilovedaisys

    THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

    Hi Liveringer! I'm your surgery partner checking up on you. You sound so relieved from major pain! I'm walking with a cane and just took another photo of my stitches! Nausea has been most of my concerns but it is now under control. My pain has diminished greatly and my leg is not so heavy...
  9. ilovedaisys

    THR New hip feels real good.

    I'm careful with exercises with swelling, I'm not wanting to injure my muscles and I'm wanting to slowly stretch before increasing motion too fast. You're doing well! Keep us up to date.
  10. ilovedaisys

    THR New hip feels real good.

    Congratulations!
  11. ilovedaisys

    THR Home from the hospital and looking forward to going back to yoga!

    I'm anxious to start walking and exercising. Yoga seems far away. I'm so glad you are going and hope you tell us how it goes. Hope your toe is better! Toes hurt for a long while, especially if they are broken.
  12. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    Kim and Clifford, Thanks, I have iced yesterday and will do more.
  13. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    I'm checking in 6 days post-op. I lost my appetite but still try to eat so I don't slow up the plumping any more than needs to. My left lung had some sounds in it and they want me to breathe deep. I see the nurse today and she takes a blood sample. My pain level is tolerable a 2 out of 10...
  14. ilovedaisys

    THR Starting the recovery process

    Thanks everyone, I think I finally have enough energy to type. I tried to txt a message to my brother and I fell asleep in the middle of a sentence. My eye still hurts so I can't read very quickly. I"m home since Sunday and today it snowed. I decreased my pain medicine from recommended dose...
Back
Top Bottom