THR Starting the recovery process

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PT told me to walk like sharon said heel first and then to pick my foot up off the ground. Walk slow and concentrate on doing it right. Lots of bad habits to correct. When I get tired and I still have to walk before I can sit and relax I do whatever I can to just get there, I break many of the rules. Every few days I do see an improvement in myself so I know I'm going in the right direction.
 
Happy Mother's day to everyone. I'm checking in after 4 weeks recovery. I'm walking more without hip pain. My incision looks healthy, just like a pencil line. My thigh muscles feel stretched and tender at times. I walk with a cane if I feel tired. Yesterday I lost my balance and fell. I was able to turn my bottom so I fell on my non-surgical hip. It feels a little bruised but I was scared last night. I'm taking it easy today. My eye is still giving me pain, it was injured during surgery April 11. I believe it was an eye abrasion, as it is still sensitive to light and hurts. I'm using gel drops and an anti bacterial drop. I rest my eyes frequently and hope it heals quickly. My eye doctor checked it out and said there was no permanent damage. He is now in recovery for surgery so I think I'll have another eye doctor check my eye again.

Is there anyone who has fallen after surgery and has so guidance on what to be concerned about?
THANKS,
 
ilovedaisys, There are people who have posted here after scaring themselves with a fall. I am trying to remember who's thread it was on. From what I remember they had a bit of pain but it was more a bad fright thinking they had done some damage. You would know if you had done real damage by the pain you would be in. Just rest up and ice if you need to.
I hope your eye heals quickly.
Barbara
 
Barbara,
I don't have pain from the fall, so I'm glad for your note.
 
I hope your recovery is going well.
Sharon, your advice on this forum about "heel first" stuck with me and has been very helpful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom